EA and Microsoft finally kiss and make up

wakobi

Well it's taken them nearly two years, but at last the two biggest egos in the videogame industry have finally stopped their stalling and this years E3 will see the announcement by EA, regarding it's games to be played on XBOX Live.

Methinks that one of the stips regarding this new partnership was that EA didn't want Microsofts own sports brand (XSN) running on the same online network (hence why MS announced the cancellation of XSN last month).

Still it's all good for XBOX owners I guess, Online Madden/Nascar/NBA/MOH/Battlefield etc...

Here's the link:

EA Games to announce XBOX Live compatible games at E3

So then basically much like most previous Microsoft moves they are screwing their exsisting fanbase (the people who bought XSN games and play on that system) in benefit of a different system that is "better". Forced upgrade, XBOX style

That's basically it, yeah. :(<_<:angry:

That's what I heard. It seems the new system by Mircrosoft will allow developers to control the servers but Microsoft will still have and own them I think but game companies will have full control of them. The original way Xbox and Mircosoft did everything with no control given to the developers I believe.

I can't say I'm surprised it took this long. There was no way EA was going to pander to Microsoft's whim, and Microsoft is used to getting its way. The sports franchises are EA's big cash cow and basically they rule over them. If you want EA sprots, you do what EA wants. It's funny to see two monopolies go head to head :)