Kill Bill Premium Box Set ltd 30,000 units

Got my boxset on Saturday.

In addition to parts that Solscud previously mentioned,

the anime scene by Production I.G. was also a different cut than the American Theatrical Release.

Extra frames of O-Ren's dad slamming a dude's face into the wall, and more violent and bloody scenes of O-Ren impaling Boss Matsumoto.

What's kinda funny about this boxset is, if you put the DVD in the Jumpsuit case and open the shirt, the Hanzo Sword and Kubrick, there's really nothing left to keep in the big Box.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if Vol. 2 gets the same treatment as this one.

Otherwise I'm putting Vol 2 in box with Vol 1.

would someone be able to clear up the subtitle confusion for me?

i understand it as follows:

- it plays the whole movie with the original english dubs

- if you enable the english subs then it stays on for the whole movie

- for the scenes in which they speak japanese you either have to do with out subs or manually enable them (and then disable them when they go back to english).

is this correct?

also whats the deal with the dvd jacket? i see that not many sellers are including it. was it a special bonus for some retailers?

I was watching the Japanese DVD over the weekend... even if the Menu Language is in Japanese just hit play on your remote then hit the Subtitle Button and put the remote down..... The Subs are there THROUGH OUT the movie eve during the Japanese Bits.... as far as the DVD cover coes Im not sure why some vendors have it and some dont...

ok so there's no feature then to have just the subtitles during the japanese langauge dialog.

No because dont forget this is a DVD for the Japanese. We should be thankful they even did an English subtitle track. at all. So if you jsut want the japanese bits subbed you cant. It will be everything subbed english and japanese dialog.

Steve the best thig you can try to do is try ebay. Some vendors have teh Rider Suit DVD jacket and some have Vol2 t-shirts. But I much rather have the Jacket than the t-shirt

Steve the best thig you can try to do is try ebay. Some vendors have teh Rider Suit DVD jacket and some have Vol2 t-shirts. But I much rather have the Jacket than the t-shirt

vol2 tshirts? do you have a link of an example as i've never heard/seen it.

No not anymore. It looks like this one.

Vol 2 Tshirt

but perhaps you misunderstood me. THe Vol 2 t shirt was an added bonus like the DVD jjacket. But You can get the T shirt separately (I think the guy on ebay sold it to heighten the rarity of his box set. I dont think it is nearly as much of a bonus as the DVD jacket

Edited by Solscud007

I just don't understand the desire for special edition DVDs like this... Why do you guys care about all that crap? I just want the movie, in fact most of my DVD cases I chuck, I just take the Disc out and put it in a binder... The cases take up too much space.

I guess when you love something you can have it on display, and you CAN do that with a DVD case if it is awesome, but the only thing that justifies that kind of treatment is my Animego Macross set.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I am a huge film fan beside being an anime fan and I couldn't fathom abusing my purchases by trashing the cases. I adore some of my film cases, especially the Limited Edition boxed set of Memento, The Special Edition of Fargo, the fabric bound case for Lawrence of Arabia, or my Amelie case. Why anyone would toss the cases of these great films on DVD is beyond me, so I guess that leaves both of us shaking our heads.