Ramrod

wolfx

I was surfing robot-japan.com and i came across, Bismark. WTH? Haha...this is Ramrod from Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs. I always knew it was an anime, given the power of americanisation but never bothered to find out more. Saber Riders was a good cartoon. I think I liked it better than Robotech at that time.

Yeah Saber Rider was awesome back in the day. I read that in the original Bismark version, Colt is the main character, and for the american version they made Fireball the main one.

How does that work? They reanimated it? :huh: Yeah...as a kid I always thought Fireball was the main character....but as I grew up, I kinda accepted Saber Rider as the main character. Hell...the show was named after him after all......

Wah Voltron an anime as well? What was its Japanese name?

Yeah Saber Rider was awesome back in the day. I read that in the original Bismark version, Colt is the main character, and for the american version they made Fireball the main one.

Actually it's the other way around. Fireball was the main one in the Jap cartoon and Colt in the american one

Wah Voltron an anime as well? What was its Japanese name?

Lion Team = Go-Lion

Vehicle Team = DaiRugger IV (15)

B))

Does anybody remember a Saban toon that hacked 2 robot anime series into one and even used 80's pop music in battle sequences called Macron 1? What were the original series' names called?

Edited by gerwalk25

Yeah Saber Rider was awesome back in the day.  I read that in the original Bismark version, Colt is the main character, and for the american version they made Fireball the main one.

Actually it's the other way around. Fireball was the main one in the Jap cartoon and Colt in the american one

According to The Complete Anime Guide, Seijuushi Bismarck didn't have an actual leader as the team worked as a cohesive unit. The Japanese guy (a.k.a. Fireball) was the main character at most. In the English version by World Events Productions (Voltron, Denver the Last Dinosaur), the series was reworked to make it look like Richard Lancelot (the British guy) was the leader. Hence the title Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs.

This does bring back memories. I liked the Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs but that toy needs to transform like it did in the cartoon!

I liked the show too.. the quality of animation was quite good for its time.

The Bismark/ Ramrod didn't have an overly complicated transformation sequence; I'm not sure but it may be possible to refit this toy to be transformable. :)

Does anybody remember a Saban toon that hacked 2 robot anime series into one and even used 80's pop music in battle sequences called Macron 1? What were the original series' names called?

Sengoku Majin GoShogun and Aku Dai-Sakusen Srungle

Thx A7! B))

Yeah Saber Rider was awesome back in the day.  I read that in the original Bismark version, Colt is the main character, and for the american version they made Fireball the main one.

Ah yes, so it is. My bad :D