Love, Live, Alive

jimbo913

Hey, thanks a lot!

I'll give it a try later on.

yeah, it would be nice to get it subtitled, but I am happy with this video. If anyone volunteers, I would love to get the subtitles too. :)

Anyway, off to work. I started uploading it around a half hour ago and it is nearly 20% done. I would give it till around noon (CMT). So about 3 hours. I don't know what happens when you start downloading a file that isn't complete yet, but I don't imagine it would be good. So just sit tight and wait a bit. I have to leave my home computer, so I can't monitor the file. Just crossing my fingers it goes through fine. If not, I can try again tonight.

It should be about half done. I tried opening the imacross7 page (in my details post) in IE at work but it is not letting me. However, it worked for me at home. I don't know how to fix it.

EDIT: I just had to disable my firewall at work (same thing happened when I was trying to get the file from Myriad). It is now working.

But the ftp program I mentioned earlier works well, and is easy to use. Let me know if anyone is having trouble with it.

you need the free version (the LE) version, and not the Pro (which costs money). The LE version (around 600KB) can be found here:

http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/go-with-the-pro.html

Again the file size is 270MB, so keep an eye on the file size in the ftp program.

Edited by jimbo913

debacle? must have missed that. Thanks again, southcross, you are most definately "the man" :D . If and when you move the file, could you post its location here?

I had some idiot... and according to the trace back on the Ip, it wansn't a MW member... had as many as 20 simultanious Anon logins going DLing everything off my server. I was seriously pissed, my bandwidth was so stressed that I couldn't even get on the the MW website.

jeez. some people really are rude and inconsiderate. i have done my share of downloading, and I might be inclined to up my downloads from a server that can handle it (say starwars.com or something ;) ), but never from a personal ftp site. You are nice enough to run this and set it up, but some people just don't care. you just gotta take these things slow and be patient, and not abuse the system and kindness of the provider.

Thanks again southcross, this really is nice of you to do :D

oh, another thing of note (probably why you can't view while your uploading)... all uploadable accounts only allow one connection at a time. If you want to DL at the same time, connect Anonymously (like with InternetExploder/Netscrape) and DL that way.

ah, that makes sense.

however, i was trying to log in anonymously from work. I had tried logining in with my MW name earlier and it did what you said, then I tried anonymous. I am pretty sure it was the fire wall that was giving me problems (software, not physical like my router at home), b/c as soon as I disconnected it, it loaded fine in IE. I just wanted to test that my advice actually worked for those without an FTP client. It had worked at home, but I wanted to try a different computer to verify.

but, good advice none-the-less.

OMG... I just looked at my stats so far this month:

Connection by Day

• Sunday.......140
  • Monday.......149
  • Tuesday.......202
  • Wednessday.......356 :blink:
  • Thursday.......245
  • Friday.......283
  • Saturday.......344

Connections by Month

• January.......0
  • February.......0
  • March.......1171 :blink:
  • April.......548 :blink::blink:

Transfers by Day

• Sunday.......182283 KB
  • Monday.......89564 KB
  • Tuesday.......148611 KB
  • Wednesday.......1160908 KB :blink:
  • Thursday.......721676 KB
  • Friday.......659109 KB
  • Saturday.......406731 KB

Transfers by Month

• January.......0 KB
  • February.......0 KB
  • March.......2892746 KB :blink:
  • April.......476139 KB

Total File Downloads:...1336

Total File Uploads:.......290

Bandwidth Used:.......3368882 KB

Guess I'm a lot more popular than I thought B))

goodness. that is some pretty hefty bandwidth. hopefully, you don't have to pay for all that. To be honest, I think that there are only two servers that can be accessed regularly, yours being one, imacross4 being the other. that might help account for the amount of downloads. do you and imacross4 exchange files ever, to make them mirror-like. that might help spread the load some (maybe, but what do I know?).

it really is nice for you to do all this for us, I just can't say that enough. such a cool, cool, cool thing :D

EDIT: I think that the file might be done uploading. can you confirm southcross?

Edited by jimbo913

its being reported as 276,945k (270MB)

If you can MD5 the file

DL this MD5 utility: MD5

unzip the file to the same directory as the movie (you can "install" it if you would like, just follow the instructions in the readme)

from a command prompt type

md5sums -e -b "movie name">movie.md5.txt

and post the contents, I can run the MD5 app on the file here and make sure they match

EDIT--

you will need to change to the directory where the files are located to do it from a command prompt

Edited by Southcross

unfortunately the file is at home, and I am at work. I will run it when I get home, in about 5 hours or so. I downloaded the md5 checksum file and will give it a shot ASAP. I am going to try and figure out the program now though, so it will be easy to do when I get home.

actually, I am having some trouble with the utility. I can't figure out the command line thing. However, if I just drag n drop a file into the md5sum program, it will spit out a key number. Is that the number you need. Again, I am just practicing and will have to use the real file when I get home. It seems pretty easy to do though.

unfortunately the file is at home, and I am at work. I will run it when I get home, in about 5 hours or so. I downloaded the md5 checksum file and will give it a shot ASAP. I am going to try and figure out the program now though, so it will be easy to do when I get home.

I don't think you need to worry about it, I have downloaded so many things lately that I have had to MD5 to verify the integrity of the file, its kind of become force of habit... its most likely not critical, its only an .AVI

its a thought if you ever get around to it... besides, IMHO an MD5 utility should be standard with all OS's (not just the Linux/Unix flavors). Nothing worse than downloading a ROM file to flash your cable modem, then find out it was corrupted after you flashed it and it doesn't work anymore

actually, I am having some trouble with the utility.  I can't figure out the command line thing.  However, if I just drag n drop a file into the md5sum program, it will spit out a key number.  Is that the number you need.  Again, I am just practicing and will have to use the real file when I get home.  It seems pretty easy to do though.

its output varies depending on the switches you use, but for an example here is an output of a file on my PC:

MD5sums 1.1 freeware for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP+
Copyright (C) 2001-2002 Jem Berkes - http://www.pc-tools.net/

RegClean.exe                                   f9b24efadfc68005f6e21e4fc74dcd1b

sometimes they are called "Hashs" or "MD5 Hashs"... I just call them MD5s... its the error checking algorythm used in programs like Bittorrent

if you don't want to wait around, you could post the md5 value here now and I can post it on my end when I get home. I do think it is a good idea, and wouldn't be much effort to do. It does take awhile to download and wouldnt want to waste anyone's time. Nothing worse than spending hours to download only to find something is wrong.

still can't figure out the command line thing though. still trying.

EDIT: Thanks, I got it working. Ah.... old dos commands, make me feel old. Had a hard time rememberbering all the switches, and had to find command prompt in XP.

I also think that a variation, or at least a file checker should be default on all OSs too. Specially now in the age of downloads.

I will post on my end when I get home. So I guess it should be fine to download now, but we can 100% verify it in a couple of hours. BUt the file size seems right.

Edited by jimbo913

if you don't want to wait around, you could post the md5 value here now and I can post it on my end when I get home. I do think it is a good idea, and wouldn't be much effort to do. It does take awhile to download and wouldnt want to waste anyone's time. Nothing worse than spending hours to download only to find something is wrong.

still can't figure out the command line thing though. still trying.

"command line" is old school (that icky thing that we used to call MSDos, my co-workers still can't figure out how I can index the 90gigs worth of documents on our file server in under 5 minutes)... the readme describes how to set up to do it with the

click of a mouse. I'll post the MD5 here and I will put a copy in the folder. Again I don't think its critical, and even if there was a bad byte in the file... the file 99.999999999% of the time will run fine anyways.

MD5 sums for those that care ;)

Mospeada Love Live Alive.avi             6ee902f87be9639132a61a203cc23dd1

also saved in the text file LLA.md5.txt on iMacrossVII in the Uploads2 folder

EDIT---- when I say "for those that care" I don't mean it sarcastically... I have been accused of being "anal" or even Obsessive Compulsive about things computer related. Like, all my co-workers use my PC at work, but they can't seem to understand why I get irritated with they fill my destop with useless documents... or change my destop/screen saver. Or I nitpick over the pixelation of the documents I work on, they claim they don't pay me to correct the images, but I do it anyways.

Edited by Southcross

i think analness with computers can go along way. It helps to keep things orderly, since a computer/documents can get messy quick. I have been accused of similar things, so I completely understand. ;)

I will post on my end when I get home. Can't wait to leave, not only because of this btw ;)

MD5 sums for those that care ;)

Mospeada Love Live Alive.avi             6ee902f87be9639132a61a203cc23dd1

also saved in the text file LLA.md5.txt on iMacrossVII in the Uploads2 folder

EDIT---- when I say "for those that care" I don't mean it sarcastically... I have been accused of being "anal" or even Obsessive Compulsive about things computer related. Like, all my co-workers use my PC at work, but they can't seem to understand why I get irritated with they fill my destop with useless documents... or change my destop/screen saver. Or I nitpick over the pixelation of the documents I work on, they claim they don't pay me to correct the images, but I do it anyways.

Sometimes that's the difference between doing a job... and doing a job well.

My file's information:

Mospeada Love Live Alive.avi 6ee902f87be9639132a61a203cc23dd1

SouthCross' file info:

Mospeada Love Live Alive.avi 6ee902f87be9639132a61a203cc23dd1

Looks good to me. Exact values, so the file on Imacross7 is identical to mine. Download away :)

Thanks to all those that made this possible: "unknown provider on Kazaa", myriad, and southcross.

EDIT: I heard back from Boinger at Imacross4, and am uploading it there too. That way, if one is down for whatever reason, you can access it on the other. It is in the Upload/Mospeada folder on the IMacross4 server. Currently, there will be two versions of the file. One file contains no data, and the other will. I sent another email to Boinger, to delete the empty file (it was my fault, when trying to send it yesterday). But anyway, they are there. Keep in mind that I just started the upload and it is going slow. Give it about 4 hours on IMacross 4, or you can get it now on IMacross 7.

Many thanks to Boinger at IMacross4 as well :)

Get the imacross4 and imacross7 info in this thread:

IMacross FAQ Thread

Edited by jimbo913

!!!!FYI!!!

you DO NOT NEED A SPECIAL LOGON TO ACCESS VII

+a special login is only required to Upload files. you can download using an Anonymous login.

+the number of total simultanious logins is limited to save bandwith, even though its gonna be a flood for a while (I can see it, my Bittorrent app is at a crawl)

+if your DL fails, my FTP server supports resuming downloads... just try again, just don't delete the original or clear your internet cache

+I might have to break the file apart into multiple .Rars for easier downloading

Edited by Southcross

Yeah, I can see your bandwidth is being eaten up there, SC. :p

the big problem, for as much as I like this FTP app, it does not have a throttle feature. And I can't recall where (if at all) there is a port throttle on Windows 2000 Server.

The upload to imacross 4 might have failed last night after I went to bed, so the file on that server might be incomplete. However, the file size seems right, so it might be okay. To be honest, I just don't know. I must have had a glitch in my ftp program, cause it was shut down this morning... so I couldn't see if it had completed before closing down. So, it may or may not be fine, but the size of the file on the server matches the file on my computer. Take that info for what you will.

I sent another email to Boinger, to check the md5 value of the file.

Edited by jimbo913

I got it from imacross7. Thanks everyone who helped make it available.

An observation my girlfriend made... in the first song, Yellow drinks a Red Bull, admires nature, then throws the can on the ground. Later in concert, he throws another drink on the ground. I thought they were going to help rebuild the earth? He's not a very environmentally friendly dude. :)

The notes inside the DVD Boxset claim that the Inbit helped teach the humans to live more in harmony with the land. One example is a biodegradable soda can. The biodegradable soda can was developed from studying the Inbit.

Article 3 page 20 in the booklet that comes with the Region 1 Boxset. Interesting reading for those who have not read the booklet inside. ;)

I need to finish reading that booklet. I started reading it, but put it away so I could finally finish the series (i assume you are talking about the ADV release). I guess that explanation makes sense then, and Yellow isn't really a litter bug :)

I just heard from boinger at iMacross4, and the file seems to be fine on his server too. So yippie, it is now on iMacross7 and iMacross4.

Thanks again everybody, I am glad we were able to finally make it available to everyone here :lol: