MSiA review: Aile Strike Gundam & Skygrasper

Damn! I haven't psoted an MSiA review since before the forums switched over and we all had to re-register. THat's... a long time...

First off, I'd just like to say that BanDai is moving faster than BRITANNY ELIN DIGGERS ON CRACK when it comes to Gundam SEED.

Next, this is NOT the ADMSiA released in Japan. The figure is the same type as all previous MSiAs. However, this one has wonderfully stiff(but not TOO stiff) joints, double-jointed elbows, and more hip mobility than any MSiA in my collection. The V-fins on the head are nice and stiff, and on the off-chance that they get bent out of shape, they're VERY EASY to fix. The head has great range of motion, even with the Aile Pack on. It comes with the two little knives that CAN be folded up and placed in the slots on the side skirts. There are three sets of hands(two fists, two trigger hands, and two gripping hands) that attach via a very snug ball-and-socket joint. And it doesn't feel like you're going to rip the figure apart when you wanna change hands! The Aile Pack can be folded up and attached to the Skygrasper(which to me looks a little too much like the Blue Earth from Tekkaman Blade II, ESPECIALLY when the Aile Pack is attached) The shield can attach to either arm through a hand grip, or a peg on the arm. Or both! Oh, and the torso has some up-and-down movement.

Now the negative bits: The beam rifle has trouble fitting well into the trigger hand. This is a minor detail, though, wrap a little double-sided tape around the grip and problem solved. Beyond that, the only real problem is the the wings on the Skygrasper and Aile Pack are VERY flimsy.

I wouldn't call this a negative thing, or a positive thing, but it looks to me like the shield is quite a bit bigger than it should be. Is this just my imagination?

The figure is about the size of the BanDai Quick Model kits from SEED. However, before you ask, NO, the Aile Pack can NOT be attached to the QM. Thoguh if you would actually have to ask that, I'd be tempted to smack you around a bit.

Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.

Now, if BanDai would just SLOW DOWN a bit with Gundam SEED, maybe I could get Brit off the crack...

Edited by Ikari Ranma

Is out already I thought May?!

Yup. Out already. Like I said, when it comes to Gundam SEED, BanDai moves faster than Britanny Diggers on crack.

BTW, nice pics, DarkPheonix. Sorry I couldn't take care of posting some pics. Is that the Freedom Gundam off to the left?

Edited by Ikari Ranma

Yeah, to its left is the ADMSiA Freedom Gundam. I wish I didn't own it. =P It's a big hunk of crap.. It doesn't even have functioning beam sabers! The hilts have no holes to accept blades, and it doesn't include any.

The wing-binders are flimsy, the arms and wrists are fairly limited in posing, and the legs are too. The huge hip-binder-things are too big and jointed only with a peg, so they can't even angle outward to provide more leg room.

Oh well.. Buyer Beware and all that. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for a better, non-ADMSiA Freedom Gundam. Strike and Freedom are the only two designs I like from SEED so far.

Yeah, I know about the non-ADMSIA figs. I'm just waiting for the Freedom Gundam one. Is it just me, or has pretty much every ADMSIA been crap compared to a normal one? They seem to be jointed poorly, lacking in accessories, underdetailed..

I know what you mean I have two Japanese ADMSIA. The Freedom and the Justice and they are crap. They can not even hold the gun right. I am looking forward to the new Freedom as well. Is the new Aile Strike Gundam frame alot better than the old ADMSIA frame?

I can't say for sure, because I don't have the ADMSIA Strike, but from what I've heard, then yes. It's most certainly leaps and bounds over my ADMSIA Freedom Gundam.

The hips have a good field of movement, the knees, while single-jointed, don't seem too obscured. The ankles are doublejointed(!!) by an intermediary piece that holds the ankle-guard, connecting the bottom of the calve to the foot itself. Both sides are balljoints, allowing for a far wider 'feet planted' pose if you want, as well as allowing the feet to be firmly mounted in a wide variety of poses. The arms have ball-joint shoulders AND clavical hinges, double-jointed elbows, and limited balljoint wrists..

The wingbinders are balljointed and have a wide area of freedom, and for reasons I don't understand have their balljoint on a piece that seperately pegs into the backpack, allowing it to swivel forward and back. Anyone know why this piece would be set up this way? The balljoint is offset, so it was specficly intended to manuever in and out for SOME reason..

I had a ADMISA Strike last year but I sold it a few month ago, whats a piece of junk ! und here`s my reasons :

1- Arms really bad, bad quality plastic for the elbow joints the and elbows drop out easily when you move them.

2- The balljoint for hand doesn`t hold in the arm, plus the hand doesn`t hold the rifle properly.

3- Most of the armor pieces don`t fit properly especially in the legs.

4- Bad painting for the Strike`s head.

Anyway that`s all I can say, BTW I`m thinking to order Metal Material Launcher & Sword Strike Gundam what do you say for the ones who own`s it ?