anybody know a quick/easy way to id battletech

recently informed that I need to come up with another $1500 before we close on a house 4/28 so I'm going through stuff that I don't need and is destined for ebay. I noticed that large lots of "unseen" batletech minis do well and I have a number I need to sell as I'm only keeping enough for one chess set. My problem lies in figuring out which mini's I have as it's been soooo long since I was into battletech. I recognize the marauders, warhammers, lams, locusts, crusaders, and other macross/robotech figures but the others completely escape me. Is there a picture reference guide for the mini's availible on the web? As I plan on selling them in a time constrained situation I don't want to have to track down and buy the technical readouts and hope I guess right. Any idea?

also... if anybody has any ideas for my chess set as I'm not 100% happy with the layout so far. As is the pawns are crusaders/gbp-1s [i am one short of 16], the castles/rooks are warhammer/tomahawk/excalibur, the knights are vf supers in battroid, the bishops are locusts [i'd prefer a macross mech], the queens are marauder/glaug/zentraedi officers pods without head guns and the kings are the same with head guns [i'd prefer a bigger difference between king and queen but don't know of a sdf mini or other mech that would work. Was there ever a pod mini?] I was planning on a red vs. blue max/milla paint scheme unless I hear a better idea.

Along the same lines I have over 10 lbs of warhammer 40k minis I can only catagorize as eldar, marine, guard, ork... but no further... is there a resource for that? Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody know anything about the swiss made bolex hi16 variable frame movie camera like hitchcock used while we are at it?

Edited by kanata67

If you have pics, it would probably be faster simply to post them and get us to id for you.. Btech and GW I can probably help you out, but there's a limit to what I can help you with.

Given your (incredible) ability to procure old stuff, some of the miniatures you have are probably so old even searching GW archives is fruitless.

Like Skull One, I probably would be interested in some of your stuff too.

I have no idea the names of any of these guys. Some are primered and some aren't. They are all different from eachother. I've also got over 200 of the support tanks

Edited by kanata67

:lol: go btech fans...

i can name them all...

PLEASE don't solder minis. they get ruined that way... :blink:

use superglue

your 2nd picture top row, left to right has a victor? (kinda dark), assasin, whitworth, orion.

2nd row

awesome, clint, vulcan, zeus.

all those are common. i don't recognize the tanks

running out of time...

i'll name the rest tomorrow....

but soldering damamges the minis... which ones have been soldered?

marauders, a warhammer in need of resoldering :rolleyes: , locusts, some type of vf/LAM and another style vf/LAM

post-26-1081116995.jpg

This one's easy. Marauders, and 'Hammer you already identified. The VF-style Mechs on the left are Wasps, those on the right are Stingers.

post-26-1081117203.jpg

From Top Left to Top Right, row by row:

Victor, Assassin, Whitworth, Orion

Awesome, Clint (?), Vulcan, Zeus

The tanks aren't Battletech, looks like Shermans to me.

post-26-1081117416.jpg

Stalker, ShadowHawk, Wolverine, Bombardier

Javelin, Dragon, Quickdraw, Banshee.

post-26-1081117545.jpg

Dragons

Zeus

Orions

I'm definitely interested in your Marauders, especially the complete ones. :)

Edited by Lynx7725

1st:

Marauders, Locusts, Wasps, Stingers.

3rd Pic:

Stalker, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Bombardier

Javelin, Dragon, ???, Banshee

4th pic:

Dragons

Zeus'

Orions'

Guess I'll have to go re-read my BT stuff (tech specs and books) for the one I missed.

or....I could let Lynx answer this question. :p

BT Chess set:

I would've made the Locusts/Wasps/Stingers the pawns.

Warhammer/Archers rooks

Phoenix Hawks knights

Crusaders Bishops

Marauders Queens

Atlas's Kings

or if you want Macross/BT set

pawns: wasps/stingers

Rooks: warhammers/archers

knights: phoenix hawks

bishops: ostscouts/Valkyrie

Queen: Marauder

King: Crusader

I didn't solder them... I got them that way. I lost all my original mini's about a decade ago and aquired these in the last year in two batches in the condition you see. Well... almost in the condition you see as I did primer a few in anticipation :lol: . Also keep in mind that the mini's I have aside for my chess set are not pictured.

as for the damage soldering causes... I haven't noticed any. I personally think it's ugly as sin but haven't bothered with these. A while back [around x-mas] I sold a lot of 60 battletech mini's on ebay [the first batch I aquired] and cleaned the solder off a few. I just used my butane soldering iron and it melted right off and the parts looked like new. MAybe it was solder with flux vs solder without that caused problems?

ok... so is the phoenix hawk the super?

as for the chess set... I was thinking of wasps or stingers as pawns but the crusaders just lloked so cool and I had 15 of them. I figure one more and I have my set of pawns and one of the most expensive chess sets around to boot :rolleyes: . To be honest I feel kind of stupid for selling the first batch for x-mas money as I wish I still had the four rifleman to use as bishops :unsure: