VF-1A SD kit

dyowelb

just wanted to share my custom VF-1A. actually this is originally vf-1j but i don't like the head, so i used rhoby(sp?) JM recast head. the kit need more some sanding, puttying and painting. i'm planning to paint this as a VF-1A CF. here are some pix. all comments are welcome

post-3-1080750496_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyowelb

• 5 weeks later...

I saw this had new replies and was hoping D got some more done. U managed to get any spare time yet mate to update? Gotta have some more SDs round :)

Sam

:)

congrats, good news..

airbrushing is so much fun...*once u get past the masking bit.... oh.. and the sanding bit, but u know that :lol: *

Have to mock up a pretend battle scene with my SD kit once urs is done with some paintshop pro work! hehe

Should show us a pic of ur airbrush/compressor, see what ya got. :)

Sam

I only have azteks to look at round here, so is ur badger a single or double action? does it use a little gravity feed cup on the side? Thats how mine works. Double action is cool but it gets a little stiff after several years lol!

anyways, uv got to do an update, really, u have no choice. Lock up in ur room and go at it! :D

* i know its hard but, I could only bring myself to paint some anime eyes on a kit im doing tonight, cant be bothered with anymore ! heh*

Sam

• 5 weeks later...

got some time this weekend..so here's the update...almost 90% done...needs some more detailing and weathering(arrow on the head, lights on the legs, triangle thing on the shoulder and mods on the backpack)...

i hope i can finish this this week so i can work with my voltes v kit..

post-3-1086287146_thumb.jpg

Edited by dyowelb

Looking a LOT nicer there Dyo! Glad uve had time to do it! Im really looking forward to seeing it weathered :) I think uv done a very crisp job on the painting, and you were bagging out on yourself last time? I think it looks great ;)

Looking a LOT nicer there Dyo! Glad uve had time to do it! Im really looking forward to seeing it weathered :)  I think uv done a very crisp job on the painting, and you were bagging out on yourself last time? I think it looks great  ;)

thanks...for a novice, i think i did a good job painting the kit..as for weathering, i haven't done any weathering yet so any tip is welcome...

Edited by dyowelb

Looking a LOT nicer there Dyo! Glad uve had time to do it! Im really looking forward to seeing it weathered :)  I think uv done a very crisp job on the painting, and you were bagging out on yourself last time? I think it looks great  ;)

thanks...for a novice, i think i did a good job painting the kit..as for weathering, i haven't done any weathering yet so any tip is welcome...

pfff.. novice indeed. :rolleyes:

guess theres two things you can do. one easy, the other, a pain in the arse :p

Clear coat then do an oil wash, using cotton tip cleaners to clean up after it has dried a little in the crevices. Thats the easy one..

oooorrr

do panel lining with a darker shade, like i did on mine. It has the potential to totally stuff up a beauty paint job though, so dont do it cuz i said so, do it cuz u want to, *so you cant blame me heheheh*

basically make a slightly darker shade, then lightly 'trace' with airbrush? the lines, only faintly, and build up. that way a mistake doesn't stand out as much heh

( then you can do the oil wash afterwards :) )

It looks great as it is though, so its totally your decision on keeping it crisp, or making it 'lived in'. I keep pushing myself to do scary things cuz William has too high a standard to try living up to, so every bit makes you a better modeller.

The vf2ss im hackign up at the moment to make it transform properly has me sweating, but in the end im sure it'll work out =)

gotta try things hey!

PM if you want me to tell more on oil or anything, more likely to see it there than a reply. =)

• 1 month later...
a wha kit wuz this again?, the Bandai SDWoRLD kit? did you add the elbows or does this kit have them. i never opened mine.. :p

this kit is from Bandai, like the one I have on For Sale.

the elbow was added same goes with the knees and the thigh joint.. hands, wings backpack are repositioned. holes puttied. and the head came from Rhoby's JM recast.

thanks,

d