Working joints?

Greyryder

Yeah

i was thinking of customizing my 1/55 , adding little swivle legs like the newwer valks>above the knee, bellow the hip>...i seen a 1/55 with these some where??, anybody with links..?

I'm looking for a good place to get various joints for custom toys. I know HLJ has a pretty good supply of them, but the shipping gets expensive. I need ones that would be good for mecha in the 7 to 10 inch tall range.

try gundamshop.com

under model supplies you'll see 'wave options'

I'm looking for a good place to get various joints for custom toys. I know HLJ has a pretty good supply of them, but the shipping gets expensive. I need ones that would be good for mecha in the 7 to 10 inch tall range.

try gundamshop.com

under model supplies you'll see 'wave options'

i can't find "model supplies" can you provide a link?

Hey Greyryder, I don't suppose that this is the 1/55 with the swivel legs that you are referring to, is it? If so, this was made from a $5 bootleg by MW member Kingnor if I'm not mistaken. I pm'd him almost two years ago to show us how he accomplished this but he never got around to placing this in the "how to customize" section. I was able to do something like this with a $5 bootleg and one of those oversized 1/100 Roy Fokker valks that are currently on eBay. Basically, I just cut the mid leg section of the $5 boot into two parts, then took out the middle arm sections of the oversized 1/100 Roy's and placed them inside of the leg section. Of course there was a lot of space so I added epoxy putty to fill in the rest. I could post a picture of this if you'd like.

Rick

post-24-1081056203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkfan

I was talking about the swivle for the legs, just like that one. Yeah it was about 2 years ago that i saw it..putting that type of swivle in the 1/55 really make them so much more poassable, it makes for the best mod you can do to a 1/55.....

Those joints look pretty good,.. I myself was busy remodeling Five Star Stories fix pose resin kit to make them poseable. OH I'm sure having fun alright, this project of mine is sure taking more time and pocket change than I expected (testing ball joint vs Mega Joint both from HJP yet still testing). Good luck to all who's doing joints project!

L,

Hey Greyryder, I don't suppose that this is the 1/55 with the swivel legs that you are referring to, is it? If so, this was made from a $5 bootleg by MW member Kingnor if I'm not mistaken. I pm'd him almost two years ago to show us how he accomplished this but he never got around to placing this in the "how to customize" section. I was able to do something like this with a $5 bootleg and one of those oversized 1/100 Roy Fokker valks that are currently on eBay. Basically, I just cut the mid leg section of the $5 boot into two parts, then took out the middle arm sections of the oversized 1/100 Roy's and placed them inside of the leg section. Of course there was a lot of space so I added epoxy putty to fill in the rest. I could post a picture of this if you'd like.

Rick

For some resain that looks extremely cool. :blink: