Do any of these exist?

kensei

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby of assembling kits here so I wanted to ask if kits (preferrably variable) exist.

VF-11C Thunderbolt Fully Armoured Variant

VF-17 any variant

VF-19 A/F/S (I know that this exists, but who makes it and is it still available?)

VF-22 (any variable kits, not just plain fighter mode)

*Maybe M7 Sound Force variants of the VF-11 and 17, 19 as well?

Destroids

Tomahawk

Spartan

Phalanx

Monster

SHE made a Full-Armor VF-11C kit, which many consider one of the holy grails of Macross model collecting. Damn near impossible to find (and when you do, prepare to sell your soul to get it) and even more impossible to build.

Bandai made (makes) a 1/144 scale VF-17D,VF-11kai MAXL, VF-19kai, and VF-19S kit, these aren't transformable but include a model each for fighter mode and battroid mode.

With Tect conversion kits, the 1/144 line can be made into gerwalk mode, add soundforce boosters, and there's even a kit to transform the VF-17D kit into the VF-17kai used by Ray and Veffidas... Check the Macrossworld model section for more details. These kits are very hard to find, but I believe someone (Valkyrie probably) was recasting a few of these.

Bandai also made a 1/100 transformable VF-19kai Fire Valkyrie kit, I don't know if a VF-19S kit was ever made or not

The only mainstream VF-22 kit out right now is made by Hasegawa and is fighter mode ONLY. There may be a resin kit or two out there for the VF-22, but I do not believe, as of now, that a fully transformable VF-22 kit has been made.

Edited by Skull Leader

Destroids

Tomahawk

Spartan

Phalanx

Monster

You can find plenty of Destroid models around

1/72

1/100

1/144

1/200

Pic a scale,

FYI the 1/72 scale is the hardest and most expensive ones to find, especially Phalanx and Monster.

1/100 should be readily available, there's even a new monster kit coming out. An excellent sculpt by our very own Gundamhead and produced by SMT models.

Oh and you forgot the Defender in your list.

Edited by Grayson72

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby of assembling kits here so I wanted to ask if kits (preferrably variable) exist.

VF-11C Thunderbolt Fully Armoured Variant

VF-17 any variant

VF-19 A/F/S (I know that this exists, but who makes it and is it still available?)

VF-22 (any variable kits, not just plain fighter mode)

*Maybe M7 Sound Force variants of the VF-11 and 17, 19 as well?

Destroids

Tomahawk

Spartan

Phalanx

Monster

Yes... all 4 of these variable kits exist. I.H.P has made versions of all of them. Studio HalfEye has made just the last 2.

As for are they still available... they are if you look hard enough. I just saw this posted in the auction section.

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h9576845

Enjoy...

Carl

Here's the Bandai 1/44 VF-11, all built-up with the TECT grade-up kit to make the Full Armour Thunderbolt. It's a sweet piece of kit.

Also, they're cheaper than I thought they'd be, but they are rare now. I'll see if I can find some myself, too...

post-3-1080911453_thumb.jpg