HELP! Just cracked the canopy on VF-1D!

Skull Hunter

I was just putting away my Trainer when a little too much pressure cracked the canopy!

After beating myself for a while, I calmed down and looked at it closely. That crack really bothers me.

Anybody have an extra for sale or know if where I can get a replacement? I tried the VF-1A canopy because I had an extra, but it's too short!

Please Help :blink:

The usual routes; HLJ, but prepare to wait a bit (I ordered some parts "recently"; time to chase I think) and there's no guarantee that Yamato has the parts on hand.

Or a Macrossworlder who stays in Japan, I can think of 2 or 3 who may be willing to help.

Impt thing is for you to get the proper part number. Check your manual, but be careful not to order the normal canopy by mistake.

The usual routes; HLJ, but prepare to wait a bit (I ordered some parts "recently"; time to chase I think) and there's no guarantee that Yamato has the parts on hand.

Or a Macrossworlder who stays in Japan, I can think of 2 or 3 who may be willing to help.

Impt thing is for you to get the proper part number. Check your manual, but be careful not to order the normal canopy by mistake.

F'get it,....

I broke my VF1D's canopy when it was released,... (that was october last year?)

I'm still waiting for HLJ to hook me up to some spare parts

I did recieve an engrish e-mail about some parts not available

seems like they meant "All"

Oh well,. the moment the 1D goes on sale I'll buy a new one :rolleyes:

There is a canopy glue out there that model guys use to glue clear parts. It goes on milky but dries clear, like white glue but much harder.

Do a search in the model forums and let us know how it goes.

You mean Micro Kristal Klear (no that isn't engrish...that is actually the name of the product). It doesn't cause any crazing and makes a great canopy glue (and can even be used to create small windows since it is completely clear when dry.) It *might* work to repair the canopy, I am not really sure. Of course you also have to consider how "clean" the break itself was. If it was rough and left crazing on the plastic when it broke I don't know what to tell you. I suppose you could try the Kristal kleer and dunk the Canopy in future after it dries.

I don't know what your other options are but I wouldn't bet on being able to get a replacement canopy from HLJ. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck on finding a fix. :)

Melissa

Thanks for all the replies guys. :D You've been a big help. I am lucky that the canopy did not split apart, but that there is a big crack running along it is what bothers me.

It just sucks that everytime I look at my VF-1D or transform it, that crack is staring back at me, and it bothers me. I would love to get a replacement canopy, but I guess HLJ is pretty tough to order from. I have emailed them, so I'll just wait and see if they can accomodate me.

Nobody out their has an extra canopy they want to sell? :p