Oomori Kinuko - SILK (Bubblegum Crisis)...

crasis

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this, but "Where to Buy" didn't seem to be the right place, as the items I'm searching for aren't Macross related.

Judging by my years of lurking on these boards, I gather there are plenty of old school anime fans here, and many of you share my appreciation for the classic Bubblegum Crisis OVAs. I've been on this big BGC kick recently, falling in love all over again with the series and soundtrack cds (yeah, the music is heavily 80s, but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing). Call it nostalgia or whatever, but I found myself attempting to hunt down as much of this music as possible (I recently scored a few of the OOP original soundtracks on eBay for a pretty penny).

Listening to these songs for the first time in roughly 10 years or so (!) reminded me of an old cassette tape a friend had made me of Oomori Kinuko's (Priss' seiyuu) band, SILK 'WE LIVE IN LONELY FREEDOM' (the album was "FACE") back in 92. I remember the music being more on the "pop" side of things, as opposed to the more synth-rock of BGC, but I still loved it nonetheless. A quick google search landed me on a Japanese fan site ( http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/toshi/kinuko/index.html ), but I can barely read a word of it. I did manage to stumble on the discography page, and it seems I have a lot of catching up to do. I would love to find any of these discs (or even some high-quality mp3s if they are, in fact, OOP), but I get this sinking feeling that they're near impossible to find (ebay, cdjapan, otaku.com, and gemm came up empty). Can anyone confirm? Or perhaps send me in the right direction to tracking down any SILK cds? I'd even settle for just the "BEST" collection, which appears to have been released in 1998.

Help! :lol:

post-26-1080031720.jpg

Good damn luck... I've been looking unsuccessfully for SILK CDs for almost ten years, now, including a year or so in Japan... no luck.

I did purchase the 'Best of' CD when it came out in Japan, but that's the only CD I've been able to find. I couldn't even find old LPs or cassettes.

Anyone else? Preferably someone with a 'yes' reply....

I found this rather disappointing news in my e-mail this morning:

"Hi,

Thank your for your Special Request.

We have examined the availability of your requested item, but

unfortunately, it is not available from CDJapan. It has gone out of print, meaning

that it is no longer obtainable.

As for other SILK's CDs on the indicated web page, we have checked the

availability of them, but unfortunately none of them are available

from CDJapan.

We apologize for our inability to be of any service for these items.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

www.cdjapan.co.jp"

...ah well. The hunt continues. :(

Thanks for the ideas, though!

-D.

You might want to try here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TYCY-5625. It says it is out of print, but I got lucky one time by them actually having a couple of CD's I wanted that were out of print. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

Already got that one....