Wizard World

So it was my first time at Wizard World Comic con. Lucked out, My bro is a good loyal customer at Alakazam comics and they gave him a free pass for Sat. So I photoshopped it as per my repertoire and got to go for free.

I was a little dissapointed, but mostly realyl wasnt expecting much out of it since I went to A/X two years ago when it was held in Long Beach Convention Center. It was a small and pathetic convention then and this Wizard one was no exception.

Bandai only had DVDs for sale. It wasnt organized well. For instance the Hellboy booth was poorly managed in terms of passing out tickets for panels. Oh that is another aspect I thought was asanine. Normally at Comic Con in SD you jsut walk into the room the panel is in. Here you have to get tickets to attend. AS well as tickets to line up for autographs.

The only thing that made it worth while was teh Hellboy booth. they had lots of freebies to promote the movie. Like 2 different full size movie posters, ski caps, stickers, BPRD identity badges, keychains. Plus the Director, creator of Hellboy, Ron Perlman, and Selma Blair were there to autograph. Other than the poor management of Wizard world the Hell Boy marketing campaign was really good.

I was there myself. Most of the convention was boring, except for the Bandai Entertainment booth. I managed to get my Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex poster signed by Mary McGlynn :wub: (Motoko), Richard Epcar (Bateau), Crispin Freeman (Togusa) and Dave Wittenberg (Saito). These guys are really cool in person.

I was there myself. Most of the convention was boring, except for the Bandai Entertainment booth. I managed to get my Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex poster signed by Mary McGlynn :wub: (Motoko), Richard Epcar (Bateau), Crispin Freeman (Togusa) and Dave Wittenberg (Saito). These guys are really cool in person.

LOL!

Ah! Got me a poster on ebay because of you. Thanks for the heads up about the posters.

Hey, I was there too! Michael Turner was cool, and the Kevin Smith, Hellboy, and Punisher panels were pretty entertaining. Saw Kevin Nash, RVD, Selma Blair, Ron Perlman, Rebecca Romaijn, Thomas Jane, Mike Jai White, David Carradine, old farts Stan Lee and Avi Arad up close. Avi actually forgot his phone after the Spiderman 2 panel and I almost jacked it till he showed up. For a millionare he's got a crappy nokia phone. So it was okay for me.

Also on hand were Lou Ferrigno promoting his autobiography My Life as The Incredible Hulk, and former WWF superstar Virgil (I have no idea why he was there. RVD probably didn't know, either.)

lol Virgil and Lou Ferrigno are always at the Wizard World in Chicago. Virgil just sits at a table with a TV playing old WWF video of himself. Lou for years went unoticed until the Hulk movie came out but I suspect he'll be relegated back to "who's that guy" status. lol

Oh hey I forgot to mentionmy reputation precedes me at conventions now. I was stading in line for the Wizard booth wheel of fortuen and Tomy Yune comes by to say hi. He saw me first. creepy!!! haha

Good thing I didn't bump into any HG staff.

BTW, Solscud007, I saw your car at the parking lot on Saturday.

:rolleyes: I thought it was all right for their first year, but I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I went to this convention to some costuming and to pick a couple of exclusives.

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Wizard World LA 2004 Image directory

Odd, they were not a whole of anime dealers or at the least the regulars that I have seen at Wondercon and the San Diego Comic-con.

Damn Snake eyes must have went on an eating binge after he left scarlet at the altar. Funny you would think it would be the other way around. Anyone read the GI Joe battle files recently? its like Snake eyes went way of Bazooka. Afte5r GI Joe disbanded, Bazooka found work as a security guard. When They reformed, Bazooka had let himself go as most security guards and could not pass the physical.

Jeremy yeah I saw the note!!! too bad I didnt see you inside.

Edited by Solscud007