1/48-1/60

samuraid

That's an open-ended question that won't get you any real answers. The "better" proportionned toy is mostly in the eye of the beholder/nitpicker.

and then there's the matter of: "In what Mode?"

due to Anime-Magic it's impossible to get the proportions of a valk right in all 3 modes

some have a better Gerwalk than others have a battroid than others have a fighter

...or something like that :D

It's been argued at length previously. The arms of the 1/48 are rather skinny, while the cockpit of the 1/60 is somewhat short and pointy.... both have their flaws, but in different instances, both are very well proportioned.

It strikes me that the 1/60s were designed to look best in battroid mode (in my opinion they do) while still carrying off a competent fighter/gerwalk mode.. my only true complaint being the raised back-pack in gerwalk mode)

The 1/48's really shine in Fighter and Gerwalk mode. The battroid mode, while still totally owning, is the least-awesome of the three (but still damn good, despite the undersized hands)

With this, you dive deep into one of the largest areas of comparison here on Macrossworld, and you'll find staunch advocates of both classes. My preferences aside, I think you'll be happy with either type. Nightbat was correct though. An accurately proportioned version of the VF-1 (capable of transforming in all modes with no part-swapping) cannot exsist. It's pretty obvious that in battroid mode, the arms grow (probably the head too) and the nose and wings shrink.

All of the previous posts are pretty much correct. Your best bet is to order or handle one of each, and then make your own decision. Strictly going by the say-so of other members is to ask for disappointment - please don't ask me how I know this :lol: