Homeworld 2

GobotFool

Hey all, everytime I try and install Homeworld 2 it keeps freezing up, the error report reads

szAppName: Autoplay.exe SzAppVer:1.0.0.0 szModName:hungapp

szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset:000000

I have no idea what this means :( This a problem with my operating system? Perhaps the game disk is deffective, I have no idea, please help.

If you bought your game new, return it, and ask for another copy. If you bought it used, return it and ask for another copy. Chances are, your disk is defective. If you see a scratch running parallel to the information encoded on the disk (not in a straight line outwards from the center, but a curved line), then the disk is toast. Follow the instructions above.

If the disk is spotless, then there's a chance it's your OS that's causing the problem. Try installing something else to see if the same thing comes up.

One other thing you could do: When you pop in the disk (and if you're using Windows 98), hold the shift key down while the drive closes and the OS checks the disk. When the read light goes off, go to MY COMPUTER, and RIGHT CLICK on your CD ROM drive. select OPEN from the menu, and find the file marked SETUP or INSTALL (something like that). Your game should install. You've basically bypassed Window's tendency to recognize and use the Autorun feature on the disk.