Gundam ZZ - ep 1-47

UC 0093

Char's Counterattack - Movie

UC 0123

Gundam F 91 - Movie

UC 0153

V Gundam - ep 1-51

UC 0223

G Saviour - Live-action Movie (sorry Anubis ;) )

FC 60

G Gundam - ep 1-49

AC 195

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing - ep 1-49

AC 196

Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz - 3 OAVs

AW 0015

Gundam X - ep 1-39

CC 2345

Turn ∀ Gundam - ep 1-50

Turn ∀ Gundam:Earth Light - Movie

Turn ∀ Gundam:Moon Butterfly - Movie

CE 70

Gundam SEED - ep 1-52

Actually, this is the correct chronological list....

At least according to SD Gundam G Generation F.

Actually, G-Saviour isn't part of the main UC continuity.  It's listed as 'alternate UC' by Sunrise.  Also, SEED takes place in CE 71, and it's 50 episodes, not 52.  Just a friendly nitpick for the day. :)

Thanks, Chris!!

Edited the above per your "nitpicking." ;):lol:

(Not to mention the fact that I made my checklist at home a while ago with info from YOUR SITE fer-cryin'-out-loud!! :blink: )

Actually, G-Saviour isn't part of the main UC continuity.  It's listed as 'alternate UC' by Sunrise.  Also, SEED takes place in CE 71, and it's 50 episodes, not 52.  Just a friendly nitpick for the day. :)

Thanks, Chris!!

(Not to mention the fact that I made my checklist at home a while ago with info from YOUR SITE fer-cryin'-out-loud!! :blink: )

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks, Chris!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, poo!! :p

Anyway.... :D

Chris, do you know if Green Divers is available in any type of format to be viewed by fans? Wouldn't mind cheking this out at all. Have you seen it? How is it with the CG and all....?

- Mobile Suit Gundam TV series English dub only, no original sountrack with sub and one of the episodes that was voted by fans to be one of their favorite episodes (see March issue of Gundam Ace) was completely removed. You should avoid this and wait for a complete version with sub is released, or get

Why exactly was the ep cut? sorry ive only seen the movies

Hybridchild

The episode was allegedly cut per the request of Yoshiyuki Tomino, director and creator of the original series, when he came over to supervise the English dub.

I would take that with a grain of salt, however. Bandai America tends to blame him for a lot of things, yet that episode was never removed in the Japanese releases of the TV series. The episode in question, while not part of the story's main plot, involves themes central to Tomino's Gundam - the effect of war on children, particularly orphans, and what adults can and should do to address the situation. For him to change his mind some 20 years later and toss that out of window just doesn't make any sense, considering this issue is close to his heart (Tomino himself grew up in post-WWII Japan surrounded by war orphans, and this theme is very prevalent in almost all his shows, from the earliest works like Triton of the Sea, Zambot 3 to later shows like Turn-A Gundam).

Bandai America also made a lot of questionable sound effects substitution (for example, when the beam rifle fires, it sounds like a shell-firing gun instead, and the trademark Zaku II movement sound now sounds like the chain links from an amusement park ride) that I seriously doubt would have been approved by Tomino. They basically ruined the DVD release so Japanese fans would be turned off enough to not import the US version back home.

Bandai America also made a lot of questionable sound effects substitution (for example, when the beam rifle fires, it sounds like a shell-firing gun instead, and the trademark Zaku II movement sound now sounds like the chain links from an amusement park ride) that I seriously doubt would have been approved by Tomino. They basically ruined the DVD release so Japanese fans would be turned off enough to not import the US version back home.

I doubt the Japanese would import it anyway, since Sunrise refused (and is still refusing) to turn over the Japanese language tracks to Bandai America.

Bandai America also made a lot of questionable sound effects substitution (for example, when the beam rifle fires, it sounds like a shell-firing gun instead, and the trademark Zaku II movement sound now sounds like the chain links from an amusement park ride) that I seriously doubt would have been approved by Tomino.  They basically ruined the DVD release so Japanese fans would be turned off enough to not import the US version back home.

I doubt the Japanese would import it anyway, since Sunrise refused (and is still refusing) to turn over the Japanese language tracks to Bandai America.

yep. this is because they have not realeased it in japan/ if a dvd coe sout here, with japanese sound track before it hits japan. the japanese will buy it.

Bandai America also made a lot of questionable sound effects substitution (for example, when the beam rifle fires, it sounds like a shell-firing gun instead, and the trademark Zaku II movement sound now sounds like the chain links from an amusement park ride) that I seriously doubt would have been approved by Tomino.  They basically ruined the DVD release so Japanese fans would be turned off enough to not import the US version back home.

True, they just felt like adding insult to injury.

It's not like Yahoo Japan auctions isn't already flooded with HK bootleg Gundam DVDs... people who reverse import US Gundam DVDs won't make any money since the cost is way higher than the HK boots.

As big a in-house franchise as Gundam is there's no way Bandai Japan would let R1 release a Japenese language Mobile Suit Gundam without it being released there first. I believe something like that was mentioned when the English obly release was announced. It amounted to "We're sorry we tried but it was this or nothing." At least Bandai America said before that once they could they'd seek to do a subtitled release. I hope for a remestered box set personally. Go great next to the coming Zeta box.

I would think for Gundam's 25th anniversary they would release it over in Japan. Once it does, and their special editions are snatched up I'm sure R1 will be allowed the language track.

I'm glad they at least gave some effort to give MSG a US release in some form at least. Until the subtitle version comes there's at least the movie trilogy set.

Actually, everything involving MSG's DVD release had nothing to do with Bandai Entertainment. That was all Tomino and Sunrise. Everything from the cut episode to the dub only to even the sound effects. For all the Tomino Gundam shows, Sunrise has personally produced the English version themselves. Bandai Entertainment only distributed the DVDs. As for the missing episode, yes, it has been available up to now. The last time MSG was released in Japan was an LD collection in 1999. MSG TV still hasn't been released on DVD in Japan, and I'm curious to see if episode 15 will be included or not.

For those who are curious about the episode:

http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/series/msgep15.htm