Question about Transformers Gen 1 Jetfire toy

yeah, that's about right. I've seen a mint in sealed box one go for like 1000+ bucks for that. But what you found is pretty right. Did you just buy one?

yeah, that's about right. I've seen a mint in sealed box one go for like 1000+ bucks for that. But what you found is pretty right. Did you just buy one?

Nope. Not yet. I wanted to do some research. I will pick it up tomorrow. I almost bought it today but I have a coupon for $5 at the store I left at home.

Well it made my decision I am going to buy it. There goes the budget... I was trying to save money for next month's purchase of 5 Max VF-1J 1/48 yammie in the end of March.

What are you possibly doing with 5 Max 1J's?

Well it made my decision I am going to buy it. There goes the budget... I was trying to save money for next month's purchase of 5 Max VF-1J 1/48 yammie in the end of March.

That is asking why I have 5 Low vis. B))

Max is a genius! ;) Blue is my favorite color. And Max is my fav character. :D Hikaru is a wuss in my book.

Current collection is 15 1/48s.

That is asking why I have 5 Low vis. B))

Max is a genius! ;) Blue is my favorite color. And Max is my fav character. :D Hikaru is a wuss in my book.

Current collection is 15 1/48s.

Multiple flight groups with Max's at the head?

Sounds pretty good.

the sticker sheet was unapplied?!?! Good deal. A unapplied jetfire sticker sheet will sell on ebay for over $50. A complete set of armor in pristine shape can go for $80-90, a box with inserts can fetch $50+. Theoretically you could part it out and make money.

granted these are mostly exceptions and rarities as I didn't spend even close to the above ammounts for any of the bits I aquired. True a MISB one can go over $1400, but a complete one in "mint" shape that's been opened averages $150-$200 [matsu's are worth more]. The unapplied sticker sheet is what makes this particular one worth it as that's something you almost never see. In fact... out of all my jetfires I only have one applied sticker sheet and one or two of re-issue stickers sheets that came with one of them.

In fact... I'd happlily trade you a snow white jetfire with applied stickers and a c9 box for your crappy box, decal-less valk, and the stickers. That way you 'd have a minty box and wouldn't have to put the stickers on yourself, and I could increase the value of one of my matsu's. You know you want the stickers on it :rolleyes:

the box condition brings down the value some, and there are a few other things to check for like

directions [present and quality?]

tech spec [present and quality?]

tech spec decoder [present and quality?]

reinforcements from cybertron catalog [present and quality?]

g1 catalog [present and quality?]

stickers [present and quality?]

armor [present and quality?]

gun [present and quality?]

gun clip [present and quality?]

missles [yeah right... like you gonna find one with missles :rolleyes: ]

has the box flap been folded and does it have a crease?

little card board strip that goes across the back of the valk in box present?

not like I'm an expert on jetfires or anything... just some stuff to look for and it's easier to look now that track down something later. I have three boxed jetfires only missing the stupid card board stip and the g1 catalog! [not counting sticker sheets as they have been applied.] I can't believe I can't find the friggin catalogs cheap!

oh yeah... take pics of it when you get it.

the sticker sheet was unapplied?!?! Good deal. A unapplied jetfire sticker sheet will sell on ebay for over $50. A complete set of armor in pristine shape can go for $80-90, a box with inserts can fetch $50+. Theoretically you could part it out and make money.

granted these are mostly exceptions and rarities as I didn't spend even close to the above ammounts for any of the bits I aquired. True a MISB one can go over $1400, but a complete one in "mint" shape that's been opened averages $150-$200 [matsu's are worth more]. The unapplied sticker sheet is what makes this particular one worth it as that's something you almost never see. In fact... out of all my jetfires I only have one applied sticker sheet and one or two of re-issue stickers sheets that came with one of them.

In fact... I'd happlily trade you a snow white jetfire with applied stickers and a c9 box for your crappy box, decal-less valk, and the stickers. That way you 'd have a minty box and wouldn't have to put the stickers on yourself, and I could increase the value of one of my matsu's. You know you want the stickers on it :rolleyes:

the box condition brings down the value some, and there are a few other things to check for like

tech spec decoder [present and quality?]

reinforcements from cybertron catalog [present and quality?]

stickers [present and quality?]

armor [present and quality?]

gun [present and quality?]

gun clip [present and quality?]

not like I'm an expert on jetfires or anything... just some stuff to look for and it's easier to look now that track down something later. I have three boxed jetfires only missing the stupid card board stip and the g1 catalog! [not counting sticker sheets as they have been applied.] I can't believe I can't find the friggin catalogs cheap!

oh yeah... take pics of it when you get it.

Ok,

I went to check it out some more. Upon further inspection, I did in fact find some yellowing. Yellowing was on the head, lower right & left leg around the landing gear. The top part of the plane was so prestine you couldnt notice. Now for the rest:

Great shape still sitting in the box slot.
Alright
tech spec decoder  [present and quality?]
Bended on the edges
reinforcements from cybertron catalog  [present and quality?]
Still there.
Still there.
stickers  [present and quality?]
Hasn't been even touched. Not even a bented edge.
armor  [present and quality?]
All there and in fine shape.
gun  [present and quality?]
Nice shape
gun clip  [present and quality?]
like new.

No missiles.
Yes, very evident.
No

Like I said I wasnt sure if I should buy it upon further inspection. The top part was so nice, I didnt check the underside. That was where I found some yellowing.

It is worth $175? Of course I am damn perfectionist... :ph34r:

Well, if your a perfectionist, then I'd say don't buy it. I personally wouldn't buy it at that price if it had a slight hint of yellowing. It would have to be minty minty white and fresh. So I guess if your really that much of a perfectionist, then don't buy it. But if that little bit of yellowing doesn't bother you, I suggest you should get it then. :p:D:lol:

I say buy it... trade me the jetfire and sticker sheet for a snow white one with decals applied and a spent sticker sheet.... I'll even throw in a missile :lol:

Might also work out a box upgrade... The stickers... the stickers... droooooooool :rolleyes:

besides... you have a coupon... must... use... coupon... :lol:

Edited by kanata67