Macross and religion

samuraid

The whole purpose of discussion on this board is to share views and to learn from one another. If you don't want to learn that there are true Bible Christians, and then there are the rest of the world who hope that going by the name of Christian but living without the Bible truth they will somehow slip by and get into heaven, then don't ever get started in a religious topic.

Forgot to mention:

You are correct in that this board is to share views and learn from one another, but you also know quite well that religious matters are not allowed.

GodMedia: It's one thing to talk about the religious backgrounds of the characters in Macross. It's quite another to try to define Christianity, and what is "truly" Christian on an anime discussion board. Not to mention saying that "true Christians" must believe in "creationism".

AgentONE: On the contrary, I think it's quite likely that the Anti-UN consists of all sorts of groups opposed to the world government. They could include religious fanatics as well as totalitarian dictators, and even neonazis and the like.

If you're going to go around speculating on the faith of a character, then the criteria for determining that faith is the fundamental truths of that faith. I speak from the perspective of a Bible-carrying, Jesus-believing, Spirit-filled and Spirit led CHRISTIAN and I use that BIBLICAL definition of a CHRISTIAN to determine whether or not another person is TRULY CHRISTIAN(that is, 'truly' as defined by the Bible which, last time I checked was the ONLY TRUE MEASURE of what it means to be CHRISTIAN).

If there is some other kind of Christian that is defined by something other than the Bible, I don't know about it. And, if you can't handle that there is truth that you don't want to accept then don't bring up matters of faith on an anime board.

The whole purpose of discussion on this board is to share views and to learn from one another. If you don't want to learn that there are true Bible Christians, and then there are the rest of the world who hope that going by the name of Christian but living without the Bible truth they will somehow slip by and get into heaven, then don't ever get started in a religious topic.

God Bless You! :)

This thread has crossed the line of what is allowable subject matter.

I myself have strong feelings regarding organised religion, but I don't argue the point here on a message board where political and religious discussion are openly disallowed.

I wish this subject could get back on topic, but it's already served it's purpose anyways. Time to be locked.

May Beer bless us all, every single one of us!

Yeah, this topic became Lock Fodder the moment the bible started thumping, and Jeebus was shoved down all of our throats.

Sorry, but that's coming from the point of view of a card carrying AGNOSTIC, bordering on PAGANISM.

May the God and Goddess (or whatever's up there :rolleyes: ) bless us all. :lol:

Edited by Mechamaniac

Exactly. My family is Catholic (and I'm nominally Catholic), but when I'm in a Macross board, I'm not interested in being prothlesyzed to (or having others be prothlesyzed to) any more than I'm sure that people would care about the HG vs. BW debate on a Vatican message board.

Sorry, but that's coming from the point of view of a card carrying AGNOSTIC, bordering on PAGANISM.

Hey! I'm a card carrying PAGAN! Welcome, brother! :lol:

Here's a leaflet, come... join the family! We're a HOOT! :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

You know, I liked the Dragnet movie with Akroyd and Hanks!

Friday- "...and I spent the evening with Connie Swail."

Pep- "Don't you mean The Virgin Connie Swail?"

Music- "Daaaa Da Nuh! Nuh!"