a little nicer to newbies maybe?

I see a lot of new people coming here starting threads and getting jumped on for it by other members. "this belongs there, not here" or "use the search function" And it's worse when their whole thread is people just saying the same sort of thing and not dealing with what the thread was all about in the first place.

I understand that those that have been here a while should know, but is it really necessary to get rude with people that are not familiar with the rules?

Informing is great, but please try to be a little more polite about it. If I was new here and posted a thread about something that should have gone somewhere else, or maybe already existed from months back, and people did what I see them do, I'd leave and never come back.

Is this what Macrossworld wants? I really hope not.

I don't know. I kind of think mini-mods should be delt with like spammers. If they really have a problem with a thread they should use the report button and let the real mods do thier jobs instead of mouthing off. <_< How does one become a mod? I think I'd be great at it. ;)

MacrossWorld does have a slight tendancy towards "FNG Syndrome". Old troops are in no mood to hand hold the newbies "who will be dead in a week anyway" so they either ignore them or berate them endlessly. This habit is not as widespread as some make it out to be but I agree it is a little harsh to be a newcomer to a site and get slammed on your first post.

then again in defense of the old troops slamming the FNG's a lot of the things they slam them for are spelled out quite clearly in the message board's rules page, which let's face it, no FNG reads.

Seems to me we have six of one and half a dozen of the other, who is the greater evil the old hand occasionally spanking a newbie or the newbie who is technically "doing something wrong"? Neither side is right so it is up to us old troops to wait for the lieutenant to come by and tell the FNGs what to do... if they step on a mine in the meantime just see to it you are not walking next to them.

You know, at least the "old troops" can do is politely & nicely direct the newbies to the right thread, respectfully & constructively criticize their posts, topics etc., but if and only if they don't "get the message" then the book has to be thrown at them.

They could and most of them do, like I said we are only seeing a handful of "semi not nice" responses to newbies, like 1 out of 10. And almost all of the ones I have seen lately have been very to the point and polite, it's not like the days of the classic Skullone molotov cocktail greeting.