70,000 in a ship thats 1.2km x 300m x 600m?

dedalus001

whoaaa. i didnt think it would take the leg sections up. i thought the engines would take more up. that is awesomely spectacular. thank you for the pic too. if you have any other cross sections of the sdf-1 they would be much appreciated.

Another thing, initially, the Daedalus and the Prometheaus weren't spaceworthy, and the crews died following the fold. After attaching them to the Macross and making them spaceworthy, the military crew of the Macross moved to the D and P, which would have left more room for the civvies in the main ship.

As far as supplies go, I'll second what everyone else said: the Macross, D, and P were probably all fully stocked. Plus, they could salvage stuff from South Ataria.

Oh, and yes, the Macross did have it's own factory or factories. I'm not sure where they got raw material from (perhaps South Ataria, perhaps run-down Destroids and Valks). But if memory serves me correctly, one of the Destroids was actually first manufactured aboard the Macross. I also have the impression that the Super packs for the Valks were invented/built aboard the Macross, too.

Edited by mikeszekely

i thought that super packs were perfected/developed by the UN in the macross' absence and they were given during the resupply on earth. that would explain why the first time we see them is after it leaves when hikaru saves misa in goodbye girl. at least i think so.

i thought that super packs were perfected/developed by the UN in the macross' absence and they were given during the resupply on earth. that would explain why the first time we see them is after it leaves when hikaru saves misa in goodbye girl. at least i think so.

That very well could be. But at the very least, one of the Destroids was supposedly developed on board the Macross.

Its easy enough to carry 70000 people in a ship 1200m long. But its not possible to have the open spaces (parks, hospitals, stadium, hotels, shopping mall, movie studio, quiet living neighbourhoods and a FREAKIN MILITARY BASE that we see in the TV series) in a 1200 x 400 x 400 (approx) box even if the box is pure internal space and nothing else. Note that in the TV series, they are arranged in a typical town layout without houses stacked on top of one another.

Its just artistic licence. I just imagine the Macross to be 5km long in my own internal universe.