Minmei Guard decals

Stamen0083

Hello guys...

I'm a total Macross newbie, but that's ok, because I love Macross.

I've seen many Minmei Guard valks around, but I wonder if anyone has ever considered duplicating the decal sheets? I'd love to have the option to build Minmei valks without having to shell out ridiculous amounts for out of print kits.

So far, we have the fighter mode valk, the battroid valk, and the strike valk, correct? That's three killer sheets of decals that I'm sure many others would be itching to get.

Also, is it just me or is the VF-1S Strike Battroid Minmei Guard box art *the best* boxart ever? It's so clean and simple, yet stunningly elegant and menacing at the same time.

I'd gladly make that boxart the star poster in my room. Move over, Kristanna Loken.

Hello guys...

I'm a total Macross newbie, but that's ok, because I love Macross.

I've seen many Minmei Guard valks around, but I wonder if anyone has ever considered duplicating the decal sheets? I'd love to have the option to build Minmei valks without having to shell out ridiculous amounts for out of print kits.

Ha ha, you n00b. :lol:

I guess the Minmay Strike Battroid is a bit steep (3800 yen) but HLJ shows it as available, Feb restock. Personally, though, something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Too noisy, maybe, or maybe I'm just unwilling to appreciate anything that's different. :lol:

Yay, Anasazi DOES have the 1/72 Minmei Guard set, though it seems a bit unusual... I don't really know what it is.

The set I designed at 1/72 scale is for this version:

mg_model.jpg

The decals take the place of all the painting you would normally have to do to replicate the "tire tread" patterns and many of the other design elements. Here is where everying on my set goes:

mg_1_72_application_map.jpg

Hope that clears up any confusion. :D

Edited by Anasazi37

Perfectly clear. Thank you.

Now, since you don't provide the decal for the back end of the gunpod (it would be quite impossible to apply, I would bet), I'd imagine that it's a bitch to try and find the right color match.

I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to colors. I might as well be color blind.

Any possibility of strike battroid or fighter mode decals?

Edited by Stamen0083

Perfectly clear. Thank you.

Now, since you don't provide the decal for the back end of the gunpod (it would be quite impossible to apply, I would bet), I'd imagine that it's a bitch to try and find the right color match.

I'm absolutely horrible when it comes to colors. I might as well be color blind.

Any possibility of strike battroid or fighter mode decals?

Tamiya Purple is pretty close, although you might want to lighten it with a little Light Grey or White first. The decals should work for Fighter Mode, too. Hasegawa didn't change their molds very much. MG Strike decals for 1/48 valks are planned. I believe the decals that come with the Hasegawa kit cover everything except the large colored panels (where decals don't work very well). I'll know more once I get my hands on a kit in the next few weeks.

Actually, I think you'll find the Hasegawa molds between fighter and battroid to have quite a few differences. Just to hit the short list, the battroid nose is shorter, the wings are a lot smaller, and the legs are much fatter than the fighter. I tried some decal swapping between the two, and I can definitely report that anything large just doesn't match up.

Actually, I think you'll find the Hasegawa molds between fighter and battroid to have quite a few differences. Just to hit the short list, the battroid nose is shorter, the wings are a lot smaller, and the legs are much fatter than the fighter. I tried some decal swapping between the two, and I can definitely report that anything large just doesn't match up.

That's true, but the decals are pretty much interchangeable. You have to do a little trimming for fighter mode in places, but they work fine.