Which is your favorite Star Trek series?

UN Spacy

Which is your favorite Star Trek series?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Enterprise

I do remember hearing how they were trying to phase out the TOS. Though I doubt they could do it all. Reason being is that Deep Space 9 and the Star Trek movies refer back to the original series quite a few times. Even Next Generation does at times. Honestly I think things would have been a LOT better if they had gone with the show about Captain Sulu instead of Enterprise. Now that would have been really interesting, especially since he was suppose to have made a lot of alien first contacts and had tons of intersting encounters during his command.

Don't tell me they might remake TOS like the Battlestar Glactica remake in a way. :( I hope not.

I agree, the Excelsior show would have rocked, and there was planty of material to work with for that one. Excelsior had a hell of a service record. I wish they made that show.

I really think they should not use the "Enterprise" for any more shows. Two were enough. Enterprise pushed it by making it 3, keep using more new ships instead.

The expeditionary fleet setup we discussed a while back would be great for a new show as well. Prometheus or something big in the center, couple of defiants, couple science vessels, and couple of Romulan warbirds (since they were inching towards becoming friendly) and send them out into the gamma quadrant, like Voyager, just the other way kind of.

If they want to prequel or older-school things, then Excelsior would be great.

Was Excelsior ever in pre-production or was it just a hollywood rumor?

It would take a lot to top DS9 though.

It's all about the original series

Nuts to peace and understanding TOS had Kirk violating the prime directive at every turn plus lasers, fist fights, drop kicks, and fine young space babes (past, present, future, robot, or imaginary). Sure it had a good message mixed in too, but still it also had 'splosions and what red blooded man can hate those!

Original show!

Every episode ended in a phaser battle! Sweet. I like voilence. I also got a kick out of their lame attempt for racial equality by having the token minority get maimed or killed in each episode.

Kirk is bad ass though, thats really why. Toughest of all of them. Great actor for the part.

Yeah, TOS crew got away with the most stuff. Best crew in that regard.

Where are the box sets for TOS, I just want that and DS9's sets.

Every episode ended in a phaser battle!  Sweet.  I like voilence.  I also got a kick out of their lame attempt for racial equality by having the token minority get maimed or killed in each episode.

It seems that way, but not really. In "By Any Other Name", I'm always fooled into thinking that this guy is going to snuff it, but she dies instead. The pain on Kirk's face always makes me think he's saying to himself, "Why did such a fine piece of *** have to die? Why? Couldn't it? Have been? The dude?"

(Edit: TVTome doesn't like direct links to their pictures.)

Edited by ewilen

Every episode ended in a phaser battle!  Sweet.  I like voilence.  I also got a kick out of their lame attempt for racial equality by having the token minority get maimed or killed in each episode.

It seems that way, but not really. In "By Any Other Name", I'm always fooled into thinking that this guy is going to snuff it, but she dies instead. The pain on Kirk's face always makes me think he's saying to himself, "Why did such a fine piece of *** have to die? Why? Couldn't it? Have been? The dude?"

Kirk was such a great character... Briliant work on Shatner's part.

I chose TNG for my fav, only because "all of the above" wasn't an option. I thought they all had their good points.

I don't know why so many people didn't like Voyager... I really thought that was a great show too. Janeway bugs me a little, but I really liked the show all in all..

I thought DS9 was the most intelligent of all the shows though... VERY good dialog most of the time... Garak is DEFINITELY my favorite character in that series... I love his caniving ways. The lines written for him were brilliant at times.

Kirk... hmmm... I liked the original series, but now Kirk just kind of makes me laugh.. It's great entertainment, but I still have to give all the Captain kudos to Jean Luc Picard... He was BY FAR the best captain...

I have been catching Enterprise off and on... I like the show, but for some reason, I don't find myself religiously watching it... I've missed quite of bit of this season... There is a new episode tonight, that looks to be a direct re-write of a Voyager episode, where Flox is the unstable person looking after the crew while they are in suspension instead of 7of9...

Speaking of 7of9.... nuff said.... HEY BEBE!!!

Although T'Pol is a freaking hottie too... DAMN!!

I really liked Voyager and and DS9 right before they ended. The shows were only semi-decent during most of their lives, but when they started introducing the borg more often into Voyager and the Dominion into DS9, I couldn't pull myself away. :)