Star Wars OT on DVD - Official - Sept 21st

Blaine23

Sorry my internet is out at home and i only have it at work. In response to LOTR telling everyone they are making both sets still makes the hard core fans who wish to watch it over and over to buy the first and the second for the new material. Why couldn't it be done for the first release.

I think it would be a bit much to ask everyone who ever wanted to buy the LOTR sets to buy the more expensive extended version. I would also think that there was some production time involved in getting the material on the many bonus CD's made... and I wouldn't crucify a production company for releasing the smaller set, while demand is still high and fans are hungry, instead of holding off for until the second set was done.

Even the first release includes a lot of extra material, some of it not on the second, extended, multi-disk release.

And like everyone else mentioned... fans were give a choice. And they were informed well enough so they would be able to make that choice. If they were being milked, the impending release of the extended version would have been kept from them.

The most telling thing about the LOTR DVD releases is... fans of LOTR are overwhelmingly happy. Nearly the only people who take issue to with LOTR for "milking" fans are those who don't care for LOTR that much in the first place, don't care to own either DVD sets all that badly, or are using it as an ill-fitting example in some argument or other.

Can't say the same thing for Star Wars fans regarding Lucas's choices, however.

-Al

Lucas's excusing the change in that manner still doesn't sit right. He won't be happy until he Ep. 1-ises the entire OT at this rate.

Edited by Anubis

Lucas's excusing the change in that manner still doesn't sit right. He won't be happy until he Ep. 1-ises the entire OT at this rate.

I know. At this rate, he may as well completely remake eps 4-6! He can PC the whole thing, characters work out a peaceful solutions to their problems without the use of blasters, Stormtroopers everywhere start talking in New Zealand accents, and yoda becomes a lot more energetic when he gains the use of his (now CGI) legs. ;)

Sorry my internet is out at home and i only have it at work. In response to LOTR telling everyone they are making both sets still makes the hard core fans who wish to watch it over and over to buy the first and the second for the new material. Why couldn't it be done for the first release.

Why do the hardcore fans have to buy the initial release? Nobody 'has' to buy either version.

And the reason for not doing in all in the first release is simple, because it would make it too expensive and because most people don't WANT the extended release.

A lot of people find the movies long already, and especially don't want to watch four hours of them, or have to deal with flipping disks half way, or pay extra for 12 hours of audio commentary they'll never listen to, on top of however countless hours of other extras there are.