re the Bandai versions any good?

BFG-1 Gigan

Well a common problem I heard is that they have a tendency to be decapitated due to some sort of pins they have in their neck, is that true?

LOL....not true. The 1/55 is a very tough toy.

Graham

my old vf1j's arm broke of rather easily. they can be fragile in soem areas. wel I had th eoirignal vf1j not th ebandai reissue.

:lol: Wanna sell it?

I'll take those two abused jetfires while I'm at it :lol:

HEck... I started a topic a while back asking if anybody had managed to break a re-issue yet [not that I was looking for parts or anything :rolleyes: ]... It turned into a bandai tribute thread with not a single person claiming a busted re-issue bandai before it died at 3 pages of comments. I love them. They are one of the few toys that can knock a cousin unconcious with one swing, though nothing beats a croquett mallet :lol: . Who else misses lawn darts??? I swear... stupid adults either broke our toys, or poked out an eye, so we all suffer... Stupid people shouldn't breed! Unfortunately it seems they breed more :(

Hey graham... I can say with pride I took a piss on the wall that surrounds freddy's old house in london :D

Then again I smoked on morrison's grave in paris as well :rolleyes:

I love the 1/55 Bandai's!

In fact, I like them better than the original Tatsuwhateveryoucallthatbrand that were released in the 80's. Mostly due to the new paintings, where there used to be stickers.

They always stand, they're solid as hell, and I don't think they look that bad. They only look bad when comparing them to the new-school VFs.

I say get them. And for the price, they're a steal. Too bad the M&M's are nowhere to be found (at least for a low price)...

Now, these new Bandai's, they use plastic that won't "yellow", right?

Edited by fifbeat

I got my VF-1A from Tisinc99.com they sent it fast and it was as cheap as anywhere else. I got my VF-1S super valk from imageanime and I gotta say, the box was totally bashed, torn, it looked like they used it as a seat cusion. I am not exagerating. I was absolutely disheartened when i got it out of its box! I know it didn't happen during shipping too because the box it came in was in great shape, large enough to hold it, and it was full of peanuts to hold it steady. It was the first, and last item I think I can order from them.

Yup...tisinc999 is one great place to shop + with low shipping rate. I got my vf-1J 1/48 with shipping cost of only USD 15 with insurance and the packaging was still great. Shipping was fast too...I ordered and paid for it at about 5 pm and they shipped it at about 8-9 pm (dunno how but that's what it said in the shipping summary from ups.com) B))

whoa I don't know about NOT yellowing...although I sincerely hope they won't yellow! Now as for not looking as good....they look unique....very very 80s nostalgia like. WHen I think macross VF-1 The first thing I think of is Bandai reissue. It's got so much class, durability, and I think the chunkyness is a facet of it's beauty! How can you NOT like it?

It is like transformers. Though optimus prime 84 has no comparison to the masterpiece prime.

Though the 1/55 maybe the original king...it's still got some good factes to it compared to the 1/48. WHile I do think the 1/48 is very7 very very awesome and durable...it still does not match the durability of the 1/55 and that is the only thing it can't match.

Respectively the 1/55 is the holy grail of the 80s macross and the 1/48 is the holy grail of macross for fans who got older and wanted something with today's technology.