Sonic X DVD's

Hikuro

I've seen on Ebay, episodes 1-26, diffenitly not the whole series, in japanese with english subs, or chinese. Obviously these are HK bootlegs, and I have the fear the subtitles are horrible. But does anyone know if they are or not? Or of somewhere else that would be better to get the set?

It doesn't look like Foxkids is airing the series in order or anything to me.

here is a review for you

First of all, let me make this clear. This is the best (and really, the ONLY) means to watch Sonic X in it's original language unless you fluently know Japanese. Before I bought this set...I had to stick with watching the episodes RAW and had only seen 1-7 fansubbed. This boxset quickly catches up with the episode count in japan that's at about 37 as of now. So, if you want to understand the show for the most part...get this set, despite it's flaws. Sound Quality: I can't see any problems with it. Very clear and although a TV rip it works just fine. Video Quality: TV rip. There is an odd off line at the buttom, numbers with the time at the top(Which every source except for the official DVDs has anyway), and the video quality is slightly dark and blurred. However, this is still about the best you'll get short of buying the official Imported DVDs. Subtitles: The good news. The dialouge makes sense for the most part. If you've read HK subs before...this is pretty easy to sit down and watch and understand. Some episodes are worse than others...but compared to watching the eps Raw this is a breath of fresh air. The Bad News. The names are mostly wrong, some dialouge IS Engrishy and some lines are slightly confusing. Disk 3 is a bit moreso than 1 and 2 but still understandable. Names: Sonic = Sonic Tails = Diluss Knuckles = Knucklus, Knuck, ect Eggman = Machine King Cream = Krem Amy = Amy Rouge = Luichi ...and all the other names can vary. Buy or not buy: Unless someone convinces MI to re-release this set when all the Japanese DVDs are out, and unless they improve the subs a bit more, this set is worth the money for anybody who likes Sonic and knows who the characters are. As for the show itself. This half is the more original aspect of the show and spends alot of time building and developing the characters. The plot is abit thin, but the show has some HILARIOUS, and I do mean HILARIOUSLY RANDOM things with the characters. Anybody who is a big fan of the Sonic games will love it.

Well as of this moment I have episodes 1,3-12, 21, 30. 1,3-5 are subbed, the rest are all raw but most are in different resolution scales.

If I can get these either into my laptop without wasting a CD, I can figure out how to subtitle and translate as much as I can.

I was working on episode 30, just for fun as translating, had about 3 minutes written down, but once they start jabbering away and it gets pretty technical I start to loose the translation and have too go back and forth picking out words...I need a solid translator to get these right...most stuff I can do, but once eggman starts going on and on it's tough.