Macross 2 Valks

Oberatixx

hi, i'm new to the forum and i haven't read anything about yamato releasing any macross 2 valks. i think the valks in there plus enemy mechs, macross cannon, and destroids look absolutely awesome. i was wondering if yamato had any plans on releasing them because i would buy a bunch.

Presently Yamato has no plans to release Macross 2 toys and has indicated that it will probably not make any.

Macross 2 is not very popular in Japan and even though it may be more popular in the US, Yamato cannot legally make Macross toys for the US market.

Graham

technicallty yes but by what graham said most likely no. costs a lot of money to make molds not to mention like he said its not popular and the fact that unlike bandai, yamato is a much smaller company who probably cant take that risk.

See with model kits its easier since styrene can be made a whole lot easier and faster than ABS. But trust graham..hes closer to yamato than any of us here.

(dream mode ON)

Here's an idea for anyone who has the tools, time, and talent:

1. Take the Bandai 1/100 VF-2SS kit (a realy awesome rendition of the Valkyrie II) and scan the parts with a laser scanner into a neutral 3D format file (IGES, STEP).

2. Clean up and slightly alter the files (patent defeating detour) with a solid modeling program (Solid Works, Pro/E, Inventor, whatever).

3. Create parts to allow the wings to fold and for the mecha to be made into the unarmoured version.

4. Export the files to a prototyping machine and make the parts into whatever scale you desire (1/72, 1/60, or... :o ...1/48).

5. Post-process the prototype parts and have them cast in resin.

6. Adversise them on the For Sale section of MW. I'm sure they'd sell out in a heart beat at just about any price.

Just a thought.

(dream mode OFF)

Edited by mechaninac

I likes thats ideas :p . Well I think I've got something to do with my spare time now........ that is if I ever had spare time. Just out of curiosoty, does anyone know of a toy manufacturing company that would build a prototype toy if you were to provide them with blue prints?