Mig-29 & F-14 Macross Zero finished model pix

DARTHTODD

Here's some pix of my finished 1/72 Macross Zero models. These are the first models I've done since I was a kid so they aren't nearly as good as most of yours but I had fun making them and that's what counts. My fav of the two is the Mig-29 just because I think I did a better job on it. I used a Revell 1/72 kit for the tomcat cause I wanted swinging wings and recessed panel lines (even though the panel lines are quite heavy) and then added the Hase decals to it. Turned out ok (the tomcat) but I'm actually going to make another one since I'm a perfectionist and I want a few things different on my next model. Anyway, here's the pix.

post-3-1075940339_thumb.jpg

Edited by DARTHTODD

The tomcat kit that I used is a Revell 1/72 f-14d super tomcat w/ Bounty Hunters markings. They're still pretty common and no, it's not new. You can pick it up for about $10-15. Just do a search for one, a ton of model stores have it.

As far as the armament change/difference from Macross. I just put on what the Revell kit came with so it's going to be different from the show. I Imagine you could use the Hase weapons on the Revell kit, but I sold the Hase kit w/o decals complete so I didn't use those weapons.

I mean the difference between those two missiles: the one under the left wing glove pylon is wrong, should not be "x"ed but "cross"ed.

anyway I love your work, this is the first time I saw a finished M0 tomcat model.

post-3-1075988806_thumb.jpg

Edited by newca

Nice work!B)) I still have my M0 Fulcrum in the box although I got started on the cockpit assembly. I like the Revedel Tomcat, I got a 1/48 for just under 20 bucks, but I screwed up on it already and I can't fix it. My first failed model. <_<:(

Edited by Macross_Fanboy