Need custom Hasegawa 1/48 Vermillion decals

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm working on a custom Hasegawa 1/48 vermillion build and was looking for custom decals.  I need decals 2-15 in different colors.  Looking for them in black with 4 and 5 in gold.

Thanks

4967834656529-3__68829.jpg

Edited by SkullFokker
Specifying kit in title

• SkullFokker changed the title to Need custom Hasegawa 1/48 Vermillion decals

Since it’s all striping, I would recommend masking and painting those markings. I know a lot of modelers do that anyway because the Hasegawa decals can be fragile, especially when they’re older sets. Having custom decals made could be expensive for what would be a fairly straightforward masking job.

I’m actually planning to do that (mask and paint) for nearly identical markings to replicate the Skull Squadron markings on a brown VF-1A that appears in the SDF-1 VF-1 Squadrons Master File book.

If you don’t have an airbrush or aren’t comfortable using one, you could try Tamiya spray cans (which are the best quality I’ve ever used in terms of a smooth finish) combined with Tamiya masking tape.

10 hours ago, SkullFokker said:

Hi, I'm working on a custom Hasegawa 1/48 vermillion build and was looking for custom decals.  I need decals 2-15 in different colors.  Looking for them in black with 4 and 5 in gold.

Thanks

4967834656529-3__68829.jpg

Sorry for not replying to your PM yet. I've been traveling. Will reply by tomorrow.