Yamato DYRL Strike cannon only or Super & Strike Parts(dyrl) for Yamato vf-1s TV Version

macross-vf-1s

Hi,

I have the yamato 1/60 VF-1S with Super Parts TV Version from a review at https://eyeforthings.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/yamato-macross… . Good review by the way.

As many may know this comes without the Strike Cannon. I'm thinking of eventually getting it, but want to know if the 'yamato 1/60 super & strike parts' (originally for the DYRL version) are compatible with the yamato 1/60 vf-1s TV version I have. Don't know also if adaptor is the same in both versions.

Thanks in advance for any though. Cheers

3 hours ago, macross-vf-1s said:

Hi,

I have the yamato 1/60 VF-1S with Super Parts TV Version from a review at https://eyeforthings.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/yamato-macross… . Good review by the way.

As many may know this comes without the Strike Cannon. I'm thinking of eventually getting it, but want to know if the 'yamato 1/60 super & strike parts' (originally for the DYRL version) are compatible with the yamato 1/60 vf-1s TV version I have. Don't know also if adaptor is the same in both versions.

Thanks in advance for any though. Cheers

Straight answer is yes. As long that we're talking about Version 2 of 1/60 scaled VF-1, then the answer is yes.

There's some minor differences such as color and features between TV and DYRL models. Left is TV. Right is DYRL.Yamato-V2-TV-Super-Parts-19.jpg

Both Super/Strike Packs are very much compatible whether the VF-1 is from TV or DYRL.

If you like, you can also check out our very own @jenius reviews (where the photo came from) on all Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 releases from his Scorched Earth Toys website. Here's the link: https://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

Hope that helps. :good: 

Hi, thanks.

I hope I reply directly to your answer. I'am new to post in this forum, but know of it since a couple of years ago. Good stuff.

Yes, I have the Version 2 release (no shoulder issue). Really good and sturdy version, TV version leg lock mechanism works great.

Yeah, I noticed dyrl version is a darker colour and the arms attachments have more detail and like 2 white laser or guns in both arm parts. Saw it probably in anymoon website (good full reviews), I just couldn't test it on TV version or find an article that said both are compatible. There is a Weathering Strike & Super parts version out there (guess it simulates a damaged look on the parts). Wonder if there is only the Strike Cannon available for buy although slight green tone differences between versions may not look good together.

Thanks still for quick reply. Going to check you links. 👍