Twitter embedding causing app crashes on Chrome for mobile devices?

So, I've been having some issues browsing the boards lately resulting in Chrome-based browsers on mobile locking up and crashing and I think I've linked it to an existing issue.

It seems that something about Twitter embeds is causing mobile browsers to crash when viewing the boards.

Is there an option in the settings to disable embedding?

The last time it happened was the most recent page of the SCOOPDA thread, with the two tweets about the new series.  I can't link directly to the post on this device because it'll crash my browser again.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I'm using an Android phone and chrome, and no issues on those links

Could you tell me your setup? (can be in PM if you want to keep it private)

If I can repeat I'd like to give it a try

That link is the most recent one to cause a crash on my phone and tablet.

Variously using a Galaxy S22 Ultra or Galaxy Tab S7+ with the latest version of the Chrome for Android browser on Android 13.

Incidentally, Invision seems to have people reporting this issue on their own customer support forums: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/473307-threads-with-embedded-tweets-crashes-android-chrome-browser/

I'm on a samsung from last year, android 13 and up to date chrome, but no issues yet

I think 'intermittent' on some devices is the key

I see this setting-assume this is the embedding they talk about.

I'll check the for more posts about it. Unfortunately this isn't going to necessarily help your devices immediately, as it says it doesn't apply to existing content, so you'd need to wait for the threads to roll over to the next page, or I'd need to figure out how to 'unembed' posted content.

Just curious-if you are using incognito mode on the device, does it happen too on those posts?(the crash)

image.png.ab2ca7f46a398eaecccf86dfaa7dd67c.png