A 1/60 Orguss Bronco II in the works

Jasonc

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted on this. I had some major fixes to do on a couple other projects. Plus, I was designing the mechanics for a custom project that I was getting paid to do. In any case, I will get back to it shortly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 4:04 AM, djivaldi7 said:

As we get closer to the Holidays, do you see your  Bronco being released by then?  Or more like early 2024?  And did you absolutely decide it will be selling files? Or print services?

At this time, I may have to redo it, as I ran into an error in the file that I can't fix. I'm looking at solutions now, and I'm sure I'll find it, but until then, it's on hold. Once I do get it fixed, it could be around November/December that it's done.

As far as what I'm doing with it, it'll probably just be the files for sale. I can print it, but it takes a bit of time, material, and parts cleanup. If I do that, I'll be selling those for a lot more. Part of that, is that I also use combined resins that give a really good amount of strength and very slight flexibility that make it pretty sturdy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the convention planning for SDC this year, I haven't had any time to do any more designing with the piece. I was able to get to where I left off last time, so once that event is over, I'll go back to splitting time between this and the Pheyos design. 

• 2 months later...

I am  certainly interested in both this and the Pheyos, whether they be tangible units or files.  Ultimately I addition to those in seeking the full armor vf-11c , VF-1ss Metal Siren and any destroids from Macross-2.  Are you keeping a customer list?  Do I need to send contact info?

This has been looking very cool. I am quite interested whenever it is available. Hope you get some time to enjoy the holidays! Hoping you can resume the project in the new year.!

On 12/9/2023 at 3:15 AM, djivaldi7 said:

I am  certainly interested in both this and the Pheyos, whether they be tangible units or files.  Ultimately I addition to those in seeking the full armor vf-11c , VF-1ss Metal Siren and any destroids from Macross-2.  Are you keeping a customer list?  Do I need to send contact info?

I haven't been keeping a contact list, as it can get a little messy with multiple projects. Probably the best thing would be to keep an eye on both of the respective threads for them. These most likely will be the files. I can print them for people, but as these usually take a bit of time to print, for me to print is a bit expensive. That said, I do use extremely good resin, which for something of this type of mobility and action, will be a resing that is designed for this sort of use. Unfortunately, it's over $200/liter.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, jardann said:

This has been looking very cool. I am quite interested whenever it is available. Hope you get some time to enjoy the holidays! Hoping you can resume the project in the new year.!

Thanks,

I'm definitely taking the time for all of that, even though it's a bit more difficult with a job promotion. On this project, I was finally able to get the file fixed and it is now working. I just have to get back into it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 2:46 PM, djivaldi7 said:

Any forecast?

I kinda put this off for awhile TBH. I ended up having to do a lot of stuff over again due to corrupting the file, but having an early saved version. I was able to do that since I wrote down a lot of the measurements, but for me, after having to do the work twice through, it kinda left me a bit burnt out. I also need to redo part of the leg insert, as I don't like the amount of support it will have with the slides for them. Because of that, I may roll it back a bit and redo that section to make it more secure, which again, is a redo of something I was already working on.

On another note from this, I've also just been extremely busy with the new job. It was a promotion, so even though it's a decent amount more, the responsibilities are a lot more. It has its trade offs though. As I'm learning new stuff with this, I haven't been wrapping my head too deep into this and the Feios Valk until my probation period is done, which is about 1.5 months away. Project isn't dead by any means, it's just on a bit of a hiatus I guess. I need the time and the inspiration, LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Certainly worth the wait...hope you get your MOJO back!  A lot of us are obviously rooting for you!  Settling into a new job takes awhile for sure.

Quick question et al...what's the fundamental difference between the ARII 1/48 Gerwalk and the 1/48 Gerwalk + Flyer in terms of the kit's mechanics allowing transformation? 

Secondary market (Ebay) is brutal for those kits $160 vs. $1000+ respectively...

Okay, so I found a <$200 1/48 gerwalk-only Bronco-II.  Took the wallet hit.   Did ANYBODY ever post the differences/mods that would allow a Gerwalk-only 1/48 to become a Gerwalk+fighter? (That kit was $1000 to wit I said "Good day sir!"

Or can anyone point me to online scans of the kit instructions? 

1 hour ago, djivaldi7 said:

Okay, so I found a <$200 1/48 gerwalk-only Bronco-II.  Took the wallet hit.   Did ANYBODY ever post the differences/mods that would allow a Gerwalk-only 1/48 to become a Gerwalk+fighter? (That kit was $1000 to wit I said "Good day sir!"

Or can anyone point me to online scans of the kit instructions? 

I found this 1/48 Bronco II 'Kahen' Type scans from Mandarake before. Not sure if it's going to help zooming in on the parts to see what's different form just a regular 'Gerwalk' kit.

02001818124.jpg.aeccf6c3f78a968f67ce3bc9c9cd6529.jpg

02001818125.jpg.58028141c1757c8ca5c6f674398afe50.jpg

020018181210.jpg.00702d5ab7aeb3dd97ea66f2f858a1aa.jpg

I also found these 2 Youtube videos that's using the regular Gerwalk kit to make it transformable. Which I think it's an easy custom since it's only the legs that's sliding and folding.

Apologies, @Jasonc. I'm just trying to help out @djivaldi7:friends:

WHAAAAT ?!?!  Watched both vids. Looked at my supposed gerwalk-only version.  From what I see, it has the same slide-in grooves for the thighs allowing the legs to extend past the wing for fighter mode. And the top tip of the thigh does have a grated texture that appears purposeful when the tip slides visibly forward in front of the wing.

So, were the videos basically saying the two models are physically the same, and it was simply a packaging/box art differentiation? 

On 3/18/2024 at 8:09 PM, no3Ljm said:

I found this 1/48 Bronco II 'Kahen' Type scans from Mandarake before. Not sure if it's going to help zooming in on the parts to see what's different form just a regular 'Gerwalk' kit.

I also found these 2 Youtube videos that's using the regular Gerwalk kit to make it transformable. Which I think it's an easy custom since it's only the legs that's sliding and folding

Apologies, @Jasonc. I'm just trying to help out @djivaldi7:friends:

The videos are actually quite inspiring. It did remind me of what I really want (just a really tough, sturdy version). I did start working on the space for the leg inserts. While I will be using something almost the exact same for how the legs slide, I'm going to possible use a guide system that may be totally independent of the frame itself, something that one can put the legs into the slider (which will have tension points), and make that a unit in and of itself that then is attached to the body. That will allow better detailing to be done on the exterior of that, and allow the builder to create the right tension. It may also allow, once I spend time, to look at materials that will allow better tension without as much wear and tear. Project isn't dead at all. And thank you for sharing those. I do have those kits. I should actually build them at some point like this guy did.

Also, thanks to the rest of you. It's all of you that keep me inspired and makes me want to get back into what I'm doing with this. I'll probably need someone to sculpt out a really good Kei and Olson for those options, as well as decals when that time comes.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:33 AM, djivaldi7 said:

WHAAAAT ?!?!  Watched both vids. Looked at my supposed gerwalk-only version.  From what I see, it has the same slide-in grooves for the thighs allowing the legs to extend past the wing for fighter mode. And the top tip of the thigh does have a grated texture that appears purposeful when the tip slides visibly forward in front of the wing.

So, were the videos basically saying the two models are physically the same, and it was simply a packaging/box art differentiation? 

They’re not physically the same per se. I believe Robo-Lab pointed out that one runner is different from the ‘Kahen’ type. It’s the thigh and feet runner. The Gerwalk kit comes with fixed open feet. So the mod that’s needed to be done is with the feet to be able to fold and collapse and extending the groove on the thigh in order for the legs to swing to the back for Flyer mode.

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0281.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

This is Kahen type’s thigh/feet runner.

IMG_0286.jpeg.c715041ecf29d4820a80e5eaeb0aead4.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

The videos are actually quite inspiring. It did remind me of what I really want (just a really tough, sturdy version). I did start working on the space for the leg inserts. While I will be using something almost the exact same for how the legs slide, I'm going to possible use a guide system that may be totally independent of the frame itself, something that one can put the legs into the slider (which will have tension points), and make that a unit in and of itself that then is attached to the body. That will allow better detailing to be done on the exterior of that, and allow the builder to create the right tension. It may also allow, once I spend time, to look at materials that will allow better tension without as much wear and tear. Project isn't dead at all. And thank you for sharing those. I do have those kits. I should actually build them at some point like this guy did.

Also, thanks to the rest of you. It's all of you that keep me inspired and makes me want to get back into what I'm doing with this. I'll probably need someone to sculpt out a really good Kei and Olson for those options, as well as decals when that time comes.

You’re welcome! Take your time on the project. I know it’s not easy and takes time on planning. Will still wait. :good: