Broken Metal Build

Koolhass

Hello guys!, i'm a fan of macross and everything mecha!  I have a collection of metal builds, sadly one broke, and i though that someone from here can recommend me a glue to fix it, here some pictures 

20220514_114749.jpg

20220514_114657.jpg

as you can see, there is a plastic piece that "wraps"a metal one, so i need to glue both plastic pieces, can you ecommend me some glue from amazon to fix it?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Koolhass

24 minutes ago, Koolhass said:

Hello guys!, i'm a fan of macross and everything mecha!  I have a collection of metal builds, sadly one broke, and i though that someone from here can recommend me a glue to fix it, here some pictures 

20220514_114749.jpg

20220514_114657.jpg

as you can see, there is a plastic piece that "wraps"a metal one, so i need to glue both plastic pieces, can you ecommend me some glue from amazon to fix it?

Thank you for your help!

Permatex Plastic Welder; despite the name, it will bond metal quite strongly and very well, and it comes in black:

Permatex-84145-Black-Plastic-Welder-5.png.538e189564ac1d90639e3821c577ae54.png

I use it all the time on various metals, and it holds very well.

Edited by pengbuzz

On 5/29/2022 at 8:29 PM, pengbuzz said:

Permatex Plastic Welder; despite the name, it will bond metal quite strongly and very well, and it comes in black:

Permatex-84145-Black-Plastic-Welder-5.png.538e189564ac1d90639e3821c577ae54.png

I use it all the time on various metals, and it holds very well.

Thanks a lot for the tip, however, i need to glue the plastic piece that wraps the metal one, functions like a hinge.

30 minutes ago, Koolhass said:

Thanks a lot for the tip, however, i need to glue the plastic piece that wraps the metal one, functions like a hinge.

If it’s the plastic on plastic, you could try an abs glue like plastruct

41 minutes ago, Koolhass said:

Okay, I gotcha; the "metal build" part threw me a bit. What I would do then is glue the plastic piece, then coat the metal pin with vaseline or chap-stick and insert it in there to form the pin hole without adhering the pin. Then when it cures, remove the pin, file the part to the original dimensions, then reassemble the piece.

12 minutes ago, Big s said:

If it’s the plastic on plastic, you could try an abs glue like plastruct

That's also a good idea; just use caution when doing this, as I've found it can change the dimensions slightly due to it melting a tiny bit of material and potentially shrinking the pinhole. You may need to re-drill the pinhole if that happens.