PROJECT A-KO (any other fans out there?)

Aaand I just bought all 4 Blu Rays from RightStuf. Been a while since I've bought any anime. But I love A-ko and I'm hoping the remasters improved the video quality. I have the old DVDs but man, the masters used for the sequels were in bad shape if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, danth said:

Aaand I just bought all 4 Blu Rays from RightStuf. Been a while since I've bought any anime. But I love A-ko and I'm hoping the remasters improved the video quality. I have the old DVDs but man, the masters used for the sequels were in bad shape if I remember correctly.

Nice score!! B))

Second only to Macross, Project A-ko was my gateway drug into Anime and is still one of my favorites. I've watched the 1st movie and the video quality is really good with all of the original audio & sound effects intact & nicely cleaned up. 

I'm finally going to watch part 2 & 3 this weekend, can't wait for A-ko Final to arrive!! :D

On 5/31/2023 at 7:27 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Project A-ko was my gateway drug into Anime and is still one of my favorites

You know I actually didn't like A-ko the first time I watched it? I think the problem was I was 16 and it wasn't a mecha show. Although there *is* a ton of mecha in A-ko so I don't know what I was thinking; maybe because she wasn't piloting them?

Now I love it though, including all the non-mecha parts.

(Same with Totoro. Didn't like it when I saw it 25ish years ago because No Mecha. Love it now.)