Customizing toys

1 VF-1 2NV

What do you guys think?

Is it feasible for Yamato to customize their existing Macross toys(1/48, 1/60, 1/72) to one's preference. In other words maybe yamato could take orders from individuals who want say a tv max vf-1a or cf or blue roses vf-1s or minmay guard, or low vis vf-1s/vf-1j. All it would involve is a different paint job, maybe one universal box, different sticker sheet.

Come on Yamato...make my day :p !

You would have to really make it worth their while to do so. Even tooling a custom paint job is still a lot of work and money.

I would love it if Yamato would simply release white box unpainted versions of their toys.

1/48 DYRL version with all 3 heads and both the NEW DYRL and Low Vis pilot sculpts

1/48 TV verison with all 3 heads and pilot sculpts

Twin pack of DRYL Fast Packs unpainted

Twin pack of TV Fast Packs unpainted

Yamato should also produce a TV and DRYL Pilot gummy pack as suggested by others and perhaps provide the same for the 1/60 line.

Buyers can have their customs commissioned and I'm sure the likes of Jung, wmcheng and Kurt can provide whatever we want.

Edited by Neova

I dont think they'd do individual custom toys it would just be to much work. However, isn't it possible for them to make a blue rose or some other kind of color scheme valkyrie for the 1/48 line? Like how they made the low vis 1/48's to 5000 can't they do something like that?

That would be nice but I dont see Yamato doing it. They have to justify it. Prolly the marketing analysis says that profit would be low or nonexistant. The cost would kill them. I mean a special order for everyone? I dunno if the Japanese fans like that but I knowmost of us hobbyers/collectors would. Yamato would have to charge like $200. Problem is that on requests, if Yamato screws up or it is not right to our standards, the customers will demand a refund leaving Yamato holding the bag i.e custom VF and not be able to sell it. You know how we are when we want something to be "exact" and if it does not fill our expectations, we get really upset about it. I think Yamato doesnt want that headache.

Edited by Godzilla