Macross Plus release differences

Southcross

Please excuse me if this sounds like a newb question, I have researched it and can't seem to find anything more than a generic answer:

I'm trying to narrow down which releases into the US (compatable) market for Macross Plus is the one I'm looking for. I have found two "mainstream" releases; one with a choice of Japanese or English dubbing (on two DVD sets), the other (the movie compilation, one DVD) that's in Japanese only with english subs. The little descriptions I have seen for the compilation version says it has added scenes, embelishments, etc.

Now over the last few weeks I have seen two different "bootlegs", english dubbed and sub'ed (I'm guessing from the separate disks and not the compolation). Both of which have driven me to the brink of coughing up the dough to buy one. I have also seen an AMV (Anime Music Video) featuring the song "Information High" (IMO by far the best AMV I have seen so far depicting scenes from Macross Plus). At the end of the vid it shows Guld litteraly being torn apart by the G forces trying to destroy the AI fighter. But the Bootlegs I saw did not show this footage. As much as I am drawn to buy the English dubbed version, I love "extra" footage versions (besides the compolation winds up being half the cost). IMO the extra footage paints a better picture of the story than the original release does. Does the "compolation" contain the scene(s) I mentioned? or is it some other, probably out of print (if you will), version that I will have to bend over for some Ebay seller to get it :o ?

Also can someone vouch for the quality of the subs on the "compolation"? Admitaly I am not the fastest reader, I have seen subs on some Anime that progressed so fast that it made it near impossible to read without pausing my DVD player. Also some subs aren't translated right and read worse than old english.