Roys Death.

KingNor

Roy dies!? Aww.........sh*t, haven't you guys ever heard of spoiler warnings?  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Graham

It think it happened right after he finds out Vader is his father. :)

Oh? I thought it happened after he found out Leia was his sister.

But not before you find out that Bruce Willis was a ghost all along... :ph34r:

The chest cannons are 79mm and fire explosive shells, the forearm guns are rapid-fire particle beam cannons.

Where did you get that information? That's the first time I've seen a specific caliber mentioned for the Q-Rau's chest guns. I'm guessing you are quoting inaccurate RPG stats?

The Macross Compendium, which can be considered an official source and a direct translation of Japanese source material has the following to say on the Q-rau's armament: -

Primary Cannon: two medium-bore simultaneously-firing impact cannon. Secondary Gun: two air-to-air high-speed-rotating tri-barrel laser pulse gun. Rocket Weaponry: four close-combat short-range super-minature high-manoeuvrabilty missile launchers (126 missiles standard).

Graham

Roy dies!? Aww.........sh*t, haven't you guys ever heard of spoiler warnings?  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Graham

It think it happened right after he finds out Vader is his father. :)

Oh? I thought it happened after he found out Leia was his sister.

But not before you find out that Bruce Willis was a ghost all along... :ph34r:

:lol: But it isn't as revealing as discovering that the boy and the mom is causing all the trouble in the Grudge.

But serious back on topic, IMO Roys death in DYRL was heroic and saddening, likewise in the tv series. He lived life to the fullest and IMO I think if I was him I wouldn't have any regrets. He died with the woman he loved in the tv series. ;)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I like the TV show death a lot better, but then again, I like the TV show a lot better. Roy was always so proud that he was never shot down, so in the TV show, (really) he never was actually shot down. Best I can say about the movie death? Well, he killed the final baddie from the TV show.... that's something, right?