How to make model kits look like Picture?

potatotomato

I was checking on the net and came across this work, initially i though it's just a framed picture, but when i look closer, dang... I notice everything apart from the backdrop is real... this is the 1st time i came across such works, i'm not an art person, so i'm wondering how do you even achieve such effects?

http://www.fg-site.net/archives/3014310

3014310-image0.jpg3014310-image1.jpg

Pick what you want together. Figure out what you want far to near and position them accordingly on the frame to give them depth? The artist made the red text extend out with sheeting.

Pick what you want together. Figure out what you want far to near and position them accordingly on the frame to give them depth? The artist made the red text extend out with sheeting.

i'm more interested how they made the human bust look like it was part of the painting. i've never seen a figure painted that way, whether it's framed or standalone.

yea, even though it's a different style but yea making 3D model look like 2D.

that one is amazing, yet i still don't get how they achieve the 2D looks, do they only look good from 1 angle? seems like from any angle they look 2D.

i tried google but not sure what the term for these effects are, and so far, i've only seen 2 such works including this.

and i found this Gundam:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/11/27/japanese-model-builder-wins-at-gundam-makes-a-3d-model-look-like-a-flat-drawing/

really can't tell it's 3D model kit:

201411261040132f1.jpg?w=580&h=870

I think the type of paint they use also adds the effect? do they use like Pastel or watercolor instead?

Bringing it to a new level of 2D, B&W Comic strip:

RIMG1176.jpg

Ah, I see. I've seen a Cel shaded VF-1D/VT-1 kit that looks straight out of the anime so anything is possible with talent and patience.

Edited by potatotomato