Phantasy Star Online

I hated how XBox had all the bs about needing live even if you wanna play offline.

Not to mention paying an extra $9/month in addition to the XBox live fee... Thats pretty ridiculous.

Either way if I do end up getting it I'll be grabbing the Gamecube game. Figure I'll give the single player mode a try and maybe do some multi-player with friends before I plonk down all the cash for the Broadband Adaptor, monthly fee, and keyboard.

I played the DC version up to the expansion CD. Never migrated to the GC or Xbox versions.

I played it for like 5 months with some ppl from my high school dorm. Pretty fun time. Didn't last very long when Sega started charging though. Its a good game.... but not enough for pay to play. :)

I have played the DC version sometime ago and now I'm playing the Gamecube version (PSO Episodes I and II). Overall a great game, especially if you like games where you level up your characters and go around collecting weapons and stuff. The raising of your Mags are also interesting, feeding your Mags and seeing what sort of different Mags they turn into. The only thing is that I have never played online, both on the DC as well as the Gamecube. On the downside, the level designs are the same, even for different difficulty levels, but the monsters and bosses get tougher of course. Can be a highly addictive game, I definitely recommend it.

But just be careful when you go online and play with other players, as pretty nasty things happen as I have read from other game forums: other players join into your online game and kill your charater and stealing your stuff, it happens.

Whether you like it probably depends on how many MMOG (massive multiplayer online game) you have played. If you've played any at all on the PC, you will find Phantasy Star Online to be an extremely limited online title. But if your new to the genre, I guess PSO could be an enjoyable baby-step into the online world of gaming and social interaction.

I recall enjoying the game for a few months on the DC, but there's no way I could recommend it with today's superior alternatives.