harlock bootleg dvds any good?

ok. thanks guys. Do you have any advice on how i can prove to ebay that they're bootleg? My girlfriend payed 90 dollars plus shipping for them and i kind of want to get the money back without having to worry about shipping them back to thailand. I'm honestly not sure how to tell myself, they just seem bootleg. Could it be possible that they are actually the Japanese release?

ok. thanks guys. Do you have any advice on how i can prove to ebay that they're bootleg? My girlfriend payed 90 dollars plus shipping for them and i kind of want to get the money back without having to worry about shipping them back to thailand. I'm honestly not sure how to tell myself, they just seem bootleg. Could it be possible that they are actually the Japanese release?

Are they region locked? If not they're a bootleg.

no they're region free. Just messaged the seller asking for a refund. Wish me luck.

Sorry if I came off as abrasive earlier, I just don't like bootlegs period, and Harlock is a favorite of mine. I waited 20+ years to finally get it released in the states, all along hearing from companies how it was too old, too long, not worth the price, and there's no interest for it. I'm afraid if Harlock, and other classics don't get supported they'll never see the light of day over here ever again.

Also not to knock your girlfriend, but at $90 plus shipping you got hosed pretty badly. Rightstuf.com has the Discotek release for $41, although with the sales on there the way they are its not uncommon to pick it up like I did for $30. I can't recommend rightstuf enough. Good luck getting your money back, Ebay is usually pretty good about bootlegs and will most likely reimburse your girlfriend's account. :)

Edited by renegadeleader1

no worries renegadeleader. I might have sounded a bit too annoyed honestly. I'm pretty frustrated with it is all. Its frustrating when a gift from someone else turns into a chore for me. I will pick up the discotek release when i get the money back. What do you think of the quality overall?

edit: not my money but my girl's money.

Edited by brewdonkey1234