Finally, Escaflowne arrives in US

CID

Just got my Escacflowne... Apparently, the man behind the counter failed to inform me that the $55 price quote was in AMERICAN dollars. Oh well. The Comic Book Shoppe is retailing Escaflowne for $80. Still a good price, considering that if I ordered it from an online site, I would have to pay shipping, customs, and currency exchange.

I'll be getting mine on Wed at the Comic Book Shoppe on Bank Street in Ottawa for $55.  Anybody who lives in Ottawa, you might want to show up early on Wed to get your figure.

Personally, I think $55 Canadian is a downright steal.

that is a steal considering the list Diamond price is $60 USD. i can get one for $65 cdn (edit - just saw your more recent posts..yeah that makes a heck of a lot more sense! :) ). i myself passed on it as i think it looks rather ugly and seems to be nothing more then joints and screws all over. if a toy fails to make me a drool on the first glance then i'm gonna have to pass given the tight fiscal times we live in.

Edited by MrDisco

I'll be getting mine on Wed at the Comic Book Shoppe on Bank Street in Ottawa for $55.  Anybody who lives in Ottawa, you might want to show up early on Wed to get your figure.

Personally, I think $55 Canadian is a downright steal.

that is a steal considering the list Diamond price is $60 USD. i can get one for $65 cdn (edit - just saw your more recent posts..yeah that makes a heck of a lot more sense! :) ). i myself passed on it as i think it looks rather ugly and seems to be nothing more then joints and screws all over. if a toy fails to make me a drool on the first glance then i'm gonna have to pass given the tight fiscal times we live in.

Guymelef mode looks pretty ok... Granted it is a transforming toy, and one that's very complex to do, so you're going to have weirdness in one mode or another. What I'm pleased about is that you can hold the sword in the dragon claw just like in the anime! It doesn't grip it very strongly, but it can hold it without the sword dropping out of the claw.

hey guys,

finally got my escaflowne my initial response was GOOD PRICE :)

i don't know whether any of you are Canadian but today i paid a visit to Silver Snail @ Queen ST W. and found a stack of it for $27.99 each Canadian......That's about $21.00US so needless to say i bought two 1 for each mode.

not very articluate in robot mode a bit loose in that nothing clicks into place, the diecast chest keeps falling off

its got presence.

but i like it i really dig this fig especially for what i paid for it.

Hurm.. the Snail is sold out.

That was a whacked out price. Bastards! Anime Extreme has them for $70.00

Crap in a hat. That's more than the price of two at the Snail...

1000000 Comix never heard of it, Kikiwai and Fata/Kuramae will sell it for 110.00 ;), Advance Hobbies doesn't have it... will I have to shell out 70 bucks for this? Yaaagh!