i wish doraemon would brought to the u.s.

Their loss IMO. Doraemon is a real classic among anime. It's very much appreciated in Asia as far as I know (I'm one of those who love it). But many of the misinformed people feel that it's too much of a kid's show/series. Is it? Not really.

Well.....The flooded children's merchandicing (School Supplies, meal sets, pajamas, underoos, etc) kinda makes it a dead givaway.

Remember, a lot of the most popular Anime shows (Including our beloved Macross) were made for kids.

I had heard about a year ago, IIRC, that there was interest in bringing Doraemon to the US. Don't know what happened with it, though.

Also, IIRC, wasn't Macross actually for older teens and young adults, to capitalize on the high-school/college renaissance of Gundam?

I do think that Doraemon is more of a kid's show, but so is Pokemon, Hamtaro, YuGiOoh, and a bunch of other stuff. I used to watch it quite often when I was a kid, and the show is actually very entertaining. It even teaches kids some good values without being lame.

Too bad...

yeah that's damn shame.some of the new stuff is very good but too computerized.it's like i've seen things story wise but as for character design not very thrilling well for the exception of heat guy j.i think if you use computers too much in animation you lose the imagination of stuff like unique character design.those bastards better bring galaxy express and the old harlock soon or i'll have a a fit.and doraemon at least has edge for a kiddie show.it's cute without being so cute that you wanna puke.

All this talk reminds me of a time in Japanese class. Sensei had us get into groups of three. My group only had two people so she gave me an inflatable Doraemon. At the end of class as she was explaining what we just did, she suddendly stopped and looked over at me. I was punching Doreamon in the face! Upon being caught I quickly started patting Doreamon on the head and hugging him and said in Japanese "I love you Doreamon, You're my friend." It got a big laugh out of the class.

I do think that Doraemon is more of a kid's show, but so is Pokemon, Hamtaro, YuGiOoh, and a bunch of other stuff.

Yes and how funny it is to see so many adults buying these products for themselves and not for children.

I think every adult still has an inner child in them waiting to be or has been let loose, and Doraemon could be compared to Disney classics where there are no age boundaries.

• 8 years later...

"Micross Attack!"

Thanks for the link.

As of 2006 onwards, the Doraemon movies themselves have had exceedingly good quality. I'm serious when I say that they are among the best that Japanese animation has to offer right now. Everyone should watch that Youtube clip in 1080p HD. The character animation is absolutely amazing.

If anything I would argue that they are a bit too long. In that sense, the TV show is easier to digest, but I don't watch the show. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to watch the whole movie for a few days, I hope it is still online then...

If there's anyone that would take a chance on Doraemon, it would be Discotek Media. Over the past year or so they have given the finger to companies like Sentai, and Funimation letting them fight and spend(i.e. waste) money on the latest crap in favor of old school classics like Lupin, Galaxy Express movies, original Captain Harlock, Cobra Space Adventure, and yes even Mad Bull 34. I'm currently bugging them to get Orguss re-released.

Nozomi might take a shot at it too. Heck I'm surprised they had the balls to release the Original Dirty Pair tv series!