V1 DX VF-25 Front Landing Gear Flaps Help

stormshadow0621

Hi,

Just brought out my remaining V1 VF-25S from storage (had it for 2 years or so) and going to transform it. It was from my armored Ozma set. I don't believe I ever transformed it since I had a regular version (sold that off a few months ago)...that I displayed with.

Anyhow, was opening the front landing gear flap when one of them came off. One of the hinges had cracked almost entirely. Checked the other flap and it was cracked too, but not as bad. The plastic must have gotten harder and cracked because the "socket" on the plane is pretty exact and stresses the hinges.

Here's a pic to show what I mean:

54t8jn.jpg

(I tried to fix it with super glue but doubt it will hold)

Does anyone know if there's a shapeway's replacement? If not, any of the shapeways guys / gals want to mold one? Afraid this might be a prevalent problem over time since I don't think they fixed (changed) that mechanism on the frontier valks.

Thanks.

Edited by stormshadow0621

From what I recall, this happened a lot on the first version VF-25s. I don't know if anyone ever found a good way to fix it permanently. Making a shapeways replacement might work, but matching the colors and sanding to paint something that small might be more work than just repeatedly repairing the broken ones.