Evangelion Japanese DVDs

takatoys

I want to know if there is a big difference in quality of the japanese remastered version and the ADV version. I know the japanese version now includes 5.1 sound but no english subtitles :(

What I also hate about the japanese version is that the last volumes only include 2 episodes, but in two formats so you can watch them either in OA format or Video format. what is the difference of these two formats?

I want to get at least one volume to check the picture quality and the 5.1 sound which should make a difference.

Last I heard and read from Renewal-owners and reviewers, there's a tremendous difference in video, audio, extras, and packaging difference in favor of the R2 Renewal over ADV's and Mangle's EVA-wackjobs.

There's also a tremendous difference between the price: $400+ for the Renewal vs around $150 for ADV's Eva-tv. Boxsets, I mean.

I guess the R2-EVA dvd-singles was just recently out at $30-$35 a disc. I'm now tempted to order one myself.

Yes, no subtitles.

add: here's the discussion over at AoD-forum regarding the new EVA Renewal R2-remasters

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?...o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Edited by treatment

Or you could have your cake and eat it too by grabbing the HK rip of the Renewal boxset. It's five DVDs and has English subtitles. From what I hear it's an excellent buy.