just busted ou my jarrasic park VHS

NERV

in jurassic park the dinosaurs look uncannily real upon close inspection you can see the CG but it seems like recent films havent looked anywhere near as realistic, recent CG has been blatantly obvious but the jurassic park effects are almost flawless and movie is almost 10 years old. whats the deal?

i know that there are alot of animatronics which were excellent, but there also CG like when the T-rex attacks teh jeep and flips it, and the rex chasing the wrangler, if you look careful you can see some the CG but it is still much better looking than than alot of movies ive seen recently, i can specifcally rmeber any creature movies this year, most of it has been cg humans which are alot harder than most animals but lets say aliens 4, that cg was painfully obvious

Well, aside from Stan Winston's work making JP look better than most newer CGI, you also have 2 other big factors. Now that every movie has CGI, you have less talented people working on some films and digital effects studios churning out effects faster and with much less care than JP.

The other big reason is that it takes a smart director to make an effects shot work. You don't get much better in terms of craft than Spielberg.

Heh, I just think its funny when people point out CG in films as if nobody else could tell.

Fact of the matter is that it is the future, and we'll look back on all of the early CG movies with disdain. :)

Frankly, as long as the CG isn't completely shoddy, I don't really give a damn if I can tell or not. CG is in practically every movie that comes out nowadays, cept most of the time people don't even notice. Its only when something completely unbelieveable is happening (Neo vs Smiths for example) that we feel the need to point it out. We point it out when its blatantly obvious! Hehe, I've even caught myself doing that.