Blood-C The Last Dark

Just marathoned Blood-C tv in preparation for the movie. Had watched up to ep. 3 previously and got bored but it started picking up steam pretty quickly after ep. 4. Ended up being much, much better than expected. Now I'm all set for Saturday when the movie 'The Last Dark' hits cinemas.

The opening is even set in a train in a nice wink to the original - which is 12 years old already.

Sheeesh, I feel old.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-29/blood-c/the-last-dark-film-1st-8-minutes-streamed

I watched the series around the time it originally aired. At first it was somewhat engaging... but towards the end the whole "gore for the purpose of gore" style of storytelling was a bit too much. I guess some people like it that way. I found Blood+ to be somewhat more enjoyable. And No, I don't like Twilight :p .

Saw this thread and decided to watch an ep out of curiosity. Pretty good; I'll definitely continue with the rest of the show. The CLAMP-style super tall animation takes just a little getting used to, though.

Not sure where the plot is headed (too early to tell), but it seems promising. As protagonists go, I prefer the more reserved Saya from Blood+. Not saying the Blood-C version isn't likeable or anything--I just prefer the Blood+ Saya more.

I liked Blood C. The gore was a bit too much at the end (I have no intention of watching the uncensored DVD version), but I really like where the story went and how the first half had a fun bit of meta-story telling to it. I'm looking forward to the movie(s). For the record, I thought Blood+ was crap.

Wow, I thought the gore was great - maybe thats what happens when i spent most of my highschool years watching Kawajiri anime? lol.

I found that the first 3 eps were meant to get the viewers guard down before the blood hit the fan.

While i liked Blood+, by the end of Blood C Saya is closer to the original version of he character (the Last vampire) than in Blood+ imo. Of course, all this really does is set things up for a movie which is 100% badass Saya :-)

Will post impressions after I see it tomorrow :-)