That sweet DieCast Tomahawk.

DestroidsRage

I love destroids, as you might imagine, and it seems like Yamato will spend an eternity releasing Macross Destroids, so I was kind of looking forward to the Kaiyodo one. (Wasnt it Kaiyodo? That Super poseable awesome one?) But I still havent seen it get released yet! Did the company can the idea? It looked so cool! I was even going to pick up some valkyries and Battle pods if I had the money!

I guess theyre just one of those things that will never be released or something.

Like the Kezutaka Miyatake Orguss+Macross artbook, LOL.

-BEN-MAN-

The K&M (Kaiyodo & Movic) figures are constructed of PVC for the non-transforming figures and ABS for the transforming VF-1 figures. There are no metal parts.

They are pretty small. The non-transforming VF-1J Battrroid from the series # 1 set stands at about 8cm tall. The transforming VF-1 toys stand at about 6.5cm in battroid mode.

With the exception of the Regult figure, I was not impressed by series # 1. The transforming VF-1's have terrible proportions in battroid mode, although the look OK in Fighter and Gerwalk. There is a lot of parts swapping involved in transforming them. Articulation is also very poor on the transforming battroid.

The non-transforming Hikaru VF-1J figure had very stiff joints and I snapped the elbow joint accidently after less than 5 minutes. Also, the paint job on the VF-1J was odd as some areas of the Battroid were white, while others were varying shades of grey. Articulation was quite good on this figure though.

As I said, the only figure I really liked from series #1 was the Regult, which had an exccellent paint job and even had some of that squiggly Zentradi writting on it. However, it was not as well articulated as the Regult toys from the Bandai HG Mission # 2 set.

Basically, these should be considered as similar quality to Gashapon toys, but at only ¥300 per figure, what do you expect.

Graham