Using Shapeways to make spare parts

VF5SS

So, I've looked into this a little, and gonna try to ask my coworkers if there are other vendors that use "Objet" printers for parts printing, versus Zcorp.

"Objet" produced fine detail for Ironman suit prototypes and our HALO models. It seems as though the tolerances are much smaller than the zcorp and stratasys.

a look at Objet.

As for the earlier question about 3d design, I'm learning that modeling for games is much different than for printing.

Clean poly sculpting will get you mostly there ( because it will make optimization and shelling easier), and there's great forums on www.3dtotal.com

So, I've looked into this a little, and gonna try to ask my coworkers if there are other vendors that use "Objet" printers for parts printing, versus Zcorp.

"Objet" produced fine detail for Ironman suit prototypes and our HALO models. It seems as though the tolerances are much smaller than the zcorp and stratasys.

a look at Objet.

As for the earlier question about 3d design, I'm learning that modeling for games is much different than for printing.

Clean poly sculpting will get you mostly there ( because it will make optimization and shelling easier), and there's great forums on www.3dtotal.com

agree.. when we modelled for games.. the modeller will try to made the model as low of poly as he can.. and will depend with normal map and texture for detailing.. for 3d printing i think we should try to made a model as smooth as we can.. but with optimist detil at i try to made detail no less then 0,5 mm with the hope that the detail still can be capture with the print

• 4 weeks later...