Ranma ½ Live-Action

areaseven

Just watched the whole thing. About what I'd expect for a Japanese produced live action adaptation. Basically, they redid the episode where there was the rumored Japanese "Spring of Drowned Boy" hidden in Furikin High School.

HOWEVER- Kasumi was way to old (I'd swear she was in her late 30's), they had Nabiki working in a Hostess Club (which does make some sense), Dr. Tofu worked for the High School, Akane had some mystical pendant for no real readily explained reason, no Ryoga or any other supporting characters, and yes, the panda suit sucked ass.

If you're a big fan of Ranma, watch it for the nostalgia, then go back and watch the anime. That's what I wanted to do.

I turned it off after the first half hour, it was pure undiluted garbage. Not even Natsuna could have hoped to save that school play. The fact that they kept the show's title in the corner for the entire running time (at least, the first half-hour I saw) both insults people's intelligence as well as proving that they didn't expect that many people to tune in. But that was the least of my complaints.

Actually, it was so terrible I literally snapped one of my wooden chopsticks accidentally as I was eating. That's never happened to me before. The show must've been record-breakingly teeth-clenchingly bad.

After switching it off I watched an episode of the Maison Ikkoku anime instead, and all was right with the world.

Edit -- I just remembered that the chopstick-breaking has actually happened to me before couple of times in restaurants, but they broke in my hand. This is the first time I bit down hard and broke one.

Edited by Renato

• 1 year later...