GN-U DOU

Isamu Dyson

Need information before purchasing these guys.

What's the deal with the cheap prices? Are they fake or out of demand? I used to remember paying about $50.00 dollars for one when they first came out. Now I see them on ebay for less than $10.00. Seeing them so cheap now makes me very weary of purchasing one especially since most of these cheap prices are from sellers in China.

Also can any one confirm if a YF-19 with fast pack included is in the same box? AKA

#001EX マクロスプラス YF-19 withファストパック. I've never seen the box or packaging of this particular unit. Desperately in need of a picture or confirmation from any one who has one.

Cheers

Haru

I have two reviews up on anymoon.com, one for the toy and one for the upgrade parts sold separately. The upgrade parts are sold separately, they do not come in the same box. So, if someone says they have an upgraded version for sale they should also show two boxes.

Just to add another account of these enigmatic add-on parts: they are indeed packaged in a separate box. However, I have seen them sold in stores in a sort of "double pack", that is, the box with the main yf-19 toy and the other box of yf-19 add-on parts cellophane-wrapped together. And I would say that that is how I predominantly see them around, in fact i do not even remember ever seeing the add-on sets by themselves on store shelves without also including the main toy box also. Make of that what you will. :wacko:

I have two reviews up on anymoon.com, one for the toy and one for the upgrade parts sold separately. The upgrade parts are sold separately, they do not come in the same box. So, if someone says they have an upgraded version for sale they should also show two boxes.

Thank you all for the follow-up. When you mean upgrade parts are you referring to the fast pack add ons? If so then I have seen them in a separate box. However on the Yamato site the 001EX item states in Japanese YF-19 with fastpack. Could they mean as a bundle like which all of you guys are referring?

Renato: Just going off topic for a moment but WOW - The Macross Plus line has not been kind to you or many of the other toys for that matter. Missing stickers, missing parts, broken limbs and best of all swapped arms. I assume all of the above for your VF25G. I feel for you!

Jenius: I absolutely love your reviews and frequently check up on your site. It's nice to finally know who writes the review to Anymoon. Cheers!

Edited by Isamu Dyson

Glad you like the site. If Yamato says they are selling a YF-19 with fast packs then they are selling both boxes together as Renato has seen in some stores. They never did release a version with the toy and the fast packs in one box. The box with the fast packs also includes "upgrade" parts. These parts let you attach the fast packs and also increase the articulation of the figure.

Renato: Just going off topic for a moment but WOW - The Macross Plus line has not been kind to you or many of the other toys for that matter. Missing stickers, missing parts, broken limbs and best of all swapped arms. I assume all of the above for your VF25G. I feel for you!

That list is old now, too. I have Yamato Proto-Garlands and other such calamities to report, but I can't be bothered anymore. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys and gals. I think you all pretty much clarified my doubts and answered my questions. Too bad for the GN-U Dou - concept was cool but delivery was a little weak. If it was able to transform and market the price no more than 70 dollars, I think it would sustain a stronger following. Bandai's Metal line is as close as it gets but too bad it still has a few parts swapping.

If you happened to find some at really cheap prices, get as many as you can, although they can not transform they are still very fun-to-play-with action figures with good quality materials.

They are made of ABS instead of PVC like revoltech, and the paint jobs are excellent. and more they can be taken apart easily so it makes customizing very easy.

here are some pictures of my customized GN-U Dou I post before:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34087&st=0&p=879436&fromsearch=1entry879436

If you happened to find some at really cheap prices, get as many as you can, although they can not transform they are still very fun-to-play-with action figures with good quality materials.

They are made of ABS instead of PVC like revoltech, and the paint jobs are excellent. and more they can be taken apart easily so it makes customizing very easy.

here are some pictures of my customized GN-U Dou I post before:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34087&st=0&p=879436&fromsearch=1entry879436

Awesome customization!!! Never thought of working on them like that. Thanks for sharing

Cheers~