Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Hikuro

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

By: Atari

Developed: Black Ops

Players: 1

Type: FPS (First Person Shooter)

Released: November of 2003

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is the latest Terminator installment of the storyline which puts Man versus an endless war against the Machines which they created. After the downfall of man, they must now rise again and put themselves against the Machines which hunt them down day after day.

The year is 2032, and the Human resistance though winning their battle are pushed to their limits. Skynet though slowly loosing still has many tricks up it's sleeves as it readys to send the T-X, the newest and most deadliest killing machine it has ever developed back to the past to make sure Judgement Day occurs, John Conner and his commanders are destroyed.

Kathren Browster, John's Future wife reprograms a T-850 Assasin Terminator to infiltrate the past and protect John, and Kathren to make sure the human race still has a chance.

This is the second game which Atari has developed, which is surprising after their dim success, more failure of Terminator 2: Dawn of Fate for the PS2 and Xbox in 2002.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is the video game release of the movie, and includes many extras such as how the game was produced, message by Arnold himself, and special trailers. Also as a bonus is the new Terminator 3: Redemption which will be released sometime in 2004 for the PS2 as a 3rd person shooter.

The opening trailer shows John reading his motor bike and narating how he's stop Judgement Day and that he's wasted his life now. It than switches over to 2032 with the Judgement Day wars as a squadron of HK's and T-850's begin their assault at the Tech.com base. Kathren reprograms the Terminator and the story begins.

The opening was fantastic, but it illed in realism. There are alot of explosions but few graphic contents to make it seem like a war. It really needed a lil Pearl Harbor or Private Ryan feel to it to really just get the feel of a struggle of power going on. 1 scene though made me go "Wow now!" as a Tech.com soldier though dead is STILL getting it by a group of T-850's and just lighting up the hallway.

That's about all the good stuff there is at the moment. The game becomes "GOD HOW MANY ARE THERE?!" as you start to fight more T-850's, and little HK's everywhere you go. Not only that but there is no Lock on Feature which makes targeting and hitting your target very difficult, almost meaningless since you end up taking so many hits yourself before laying one down to the ground. Not only that but T-850's continue to get back up a few times before finally exploding into millions of pieces unlike it's HK bretherns.

A up side of the FPS is able to swtching from full color to Infer Red which gives you the full Terminator effect as it seems to go back to the old school viewing eyes of the Terminator. You have information coming down from one end of the screen, search mode, weapons selections, ammo, and zooming in features.

The only 3rd person perspective available is when fighting the T-X which takes some effort if your not careful.

Though I've only done 1 mission, I found the game challeneging, but than again I was never that great with first person shooters at all...hence why I never played my friends on Counter Strike or Half Life, I was really that bad.

The movie cuts are presented by the original actors, Claire Danes, Arnold and so on, no one was substituted since the game was being made around the time as the movie. Not to mention but the game is actually MORE indepth than the movie, tsk tsk.

Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines for the PS2 is challenging, and somewhat exciting...but It hink it could of been better with lock on features atleast.

As for Terminator 3: Redemption, JUST HOW MANY TERMINATORS ARE OUT THERE FIGHTING FOR US?! GOD!!! JESUS!!!!!!! ATLEAST IT'S IN 3RD PERSON WITH LOCK ON FEATURES!!!! THANK YOU ATARI!!!

Now something I want to get off my chest...in the video game, you are a T-850...you even start to loose your fleshling disguise as you loose health to show your a T-850. But in the movie it's clear that Arnold is a T-800 series...what went wrong? This is something I want to ask Atari or the people who made the Terminator movie...this is just whacked out of understanding to me...

Edited by Hikuro

Now something I want to get off my chest...in the video game, you are a T-850...you even start to loose your fleshling disguise as you loose health to show your a T-850. But in the movie it's clear that Arnold is a T-800 series...what went wrong? This is something I want to ask Atari or the people who made the Terminator movie...this is just whacked out of understanding to me...

i think its a inside joke. arnold is getting old and im guessing 50 years old by now. sounds better than the pc version. the demo is not very good.

Yeah but through out the video game excluding live action cut scenes, he's a T-850...it's animated in CG so many times I lost count. But yet when the Live Action scenes kick in he's diffenetly a T-800...I mean you can easily tell by the skull and body structures....it's all messed up...

I beat the game in 5 hours...that's how long it'll take if you even take your time and blow up every single lil Cyborg and what not in there...but atleast there were nice lil bonus clips.