THOR's 1/48 Hase Valkyrie in Gerwalk Mode

THOR

Trying to make it so you just plug parts into the Hase 1/48 model without having to hack on plastic.

The knee portion will take a few nights to look right.

Here are the 3D bones in Solidworks:

post-1862-0-34394300-1300196431_thumb.jpg

post-1862-0-87350200-1300196449_thumb.jpg

post-1862-0-09244500-1300196491_thumb.jpg

My version of a blended-wing-bomber (for kicks in 1/48)

post-1862-0-37964200-1300196634_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think about making the leg joint "frozen" rather than moveable (sp?).

i hope to have the hands/knees/intakes/legs/backpack done this weekend in the computer and will order stuff in 2 weeks. it'll take another 2 weeks to get the masters. a weekend to make molds and start casting...

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect!!!!

I have done several 1/72 vf-1 Hasegawa gerwalk convertions from a battroid and a fighter (obviously both from hase), and right at this very same moment I was studying the 1/48 hasegawa vf-1 to convert it to gerwalk (or at least "chicken" mode) using scratch styrene, so your thread is like gold to me.

I am in for some of your final convertion kits, thats for sure. Just please, post some updates, because I don´t think that the knee joint on your design is the final design, right? Hehehe

If you are gpoing to make the leg joint moveable, then you will have to make the knee and the hip moveable, so the gerwalk can adopt some 1/60 v2 yamato pose B)) I really don´t care about having it frozen, jut make it a nice gerwalk pose.

I will be watching you!!! hehehe

Edited by Cesar Enrique

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...